Friday, March 13, 2009

More layouts from the Cyber Crop Night

More of layouts from the Cyber Crop night, as promised. I just set the timer on the oven, which means I have one hour till Sarah has to be picked up from school. I know I will get carried away and not realise the time and the poor girl will standing outside an empty school feeling neglected and wondering where her mother is!

This first layout was Tracey's Caffe Latte Challenge

She said she wanted to see lots of milky WHITE and dreamy, creamy LATTE and CREAM colours. And just because its the way she likes her latte, just a shake of CHOCOLATE somewhere as well.

I was totally distracted for this challenge and all I could think about was coffee - so hence the theme on this layout



The title Coffee was brown chipboard which I attacked with an emery board. The word addict is kasiercraft doodled alphabet clear stamps.




And my paper flowers (couldn't resist doing some drawing on them), I covered in dimensional with magic. The arrow is from Buzz and Bloom mini series (I just love these arrows) and 3 of our silver rhinestuds. You won't find many of the arrows left in stock at my2angels, no sooner had I listed them, 3/4 were sold.
Wow look at the difference in these 2 photos with the different lighting!

The next challenge was from Lexie and man did I have some trouble with this one. The theme was Blue Heaven Milkshake and the layout had to be in shades of blue and the word BLUE must be on your LO somewhere.

I actually completed 2 layouts but the first one I was not impressed with. Here is a snippet of it as I wanted to try something new with my charms. I inked them and covered them with dimensional magic. Iam happy with how they turned out but not the rest of the layout so ITS TIME TO GO LAYOUT NUMBER 1



And I am still unsure of this layout that I eventually submitted. I have never used so little on a page, well not since my early early day of scrapbooking. The gerbera is from a St Vinnies shop, you know the bunches that were the fad a while back. Well if you pull them apart you will get up to 8 individual flowers.

Again a buzz and bloom arrow! I used my cuttlebug for the word BLUE and gee let me guess more dimensional magic (love the stuff!). The stamped words is from the Buzz and Bloom Tubby Alphabet Clear Stamps - these are great as you can see, small enough to use for journalling / titles.



This is a close up of the corner heart with our buttons and some thread tied in a different way, instead of the usual bow.



Okay 4 more layouts to post and I have 25 minutes to spare hmm I might leave the others for later. The house is so nice and quiet, I'm going to sort out the mess on my table before the weekend starts and the peace is gone for 2 long whole days.

till later
Tracy

1 comment:

lexie said...

Thanks for the loverly comment you left on my blog.....I made the flowers on the calendar out of pages of an old book the punchs I used are the large and medium retro daisies
love your work
Lexie oxo