Saturday, May 23, 2009

2 challenge layouts to share

Heritage was the Themed Challenge over at RSS this month so I have created this layout of my grandparent. We also had to use lace, an old book and inking.
A quick trip to Lifeline was the first start where I got a 50c Mills and Boom Book. Mum picked me up some lace from Spotlight last week, and she got some sizzex cut lace flowers in return - thanks mum:)


Pattern Paper is from kaiser

I did quite a bit of rip and tearing of the book (a few sentences needed to be scrunched up more than others, not quite appropriate for the layout LOL) and some Creme de Chocolat glimmer mist to finish them off. Also use the glimmer mist on the lace flowers.
The flowers with the red edging is actually our red and white mulberry flowers but a quick spray with the glimmer mist (again!) soon changed the colour to what I needed.

Mum also got me Tulle which I used as the wrapping paper on the bouquet of flowers and tied with our red and brown organza ribbon. Hmm what else, oh charms of course, the little heart and key charms which are silver didn't got so well with the colour scheme so they got a dose of Staz On Timber Brown Ink. The chipboard photo corner from buzz and bloom I ran through the cuttlebug with the handwritten embossing folder, then inked.



Up in the right hand corner is our together tag charms


There is also some brown ric rac ribbon and I used one of our brown felt hearts. The quote on the tag says As long as there are grandparents there will always be love in the world.
On the brown frame I used my stanley knife and scrapped the edges, you can use tools like edge distresses, I think thats what they are called, but my stanley knife worked just as good.



Now the second layout is also for Ready Set Scrap, their Ebony & Ivory Challenge. We had to use black as the main colour and add red & brown.

Here is my layout of my son riding his bike for the first time without training wheels.

I used our new Teresa Collins PP and coredinations Cardstock.
Buzz and Bloom Chipboard Arrows inked then sprayed with Granite Glimmer Mist.
2 Bike charms
The letters for the title I found in my stash - unknown origin
The tree I hand cut from clipart and covered with Dimensional Magic
My cute little snail at the bottom is sizzex cut core dinations cardstock coated with Dimensional Magic.
The cardboard which was ripped and a coating of chocolat de creme glimmer mist added.


Sorry about the photography of the layout but with the bad weather we are having here at the moment the lightening isn't so crash hot.

I now have 2 layouts and 1 card to do this weekend for the CC over at the scraplounge so some more layouts will be on the way.

Have a fun and creative weekend everyone.

Tracy

PS Stocks are low on the glimmer mist but more will be in store by the end of May - farout Brussell Sprout that's next week!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Am lovin those pages Tracy! The heritage one is such a lovely tribute to your granparents!

And I love the tree on the second one .... such a clever idea .... who needs all those fancy pancy embellies hey! ;-)

Shazza said...

Hi Tracy,
Love your Heritage page and all your little embelishments you have used :)
Cheers
Shazza