Tuesday, May 12, 2009

1 layout completed and I am feeling horrified

Okay so the title is a bit weird but this posting is in two parts - firstly my layout. Over at the scrapbooking Top 50 they have had a Mothers Day Cyber Crop running for the past week and thankfully you have until next Wednesday to complete the challenges (this one took me 4 days!). I have only managed to complete 1 layout so far and the criteria was to use this quote in your layout

A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one can take

Love the quote. So for my layout I decided to scrap all the females in my family (blood related) who are either mothers now, and with my sister and my DD who will be mothers in the future (god help us, just kidding Alyce - but I do want a niece!)





On the Buzz and Bloom chipboard letters, I inked first then applied 3D crystalina kindy glitz. I also used it to add water droplets on the flowers. On the larger flowers I just used the normal crystalina kindy glitz.

To centre the flower is our Made With Love charm, eye pin, blue organza ribbon and a button.

The flower was white and the lace brown but I sprayed them with pink taffy glimmer mist. I know glimmer mist has been out for a while and I'm obviously a little slow on the uptake but I am making up for not having this awesome product sooner - over quarter of a bottle has gone already (only had it for 5 days) as everything I touch these past few days has been sprayed. It leaves such a beautiful shimmer as you can see by the next photo (I hope) where I have sprayed it on the ripped edges of the pink paislee paper. The beads are our 13" glass round beads, which I have finally used as a strand and not as individual beads.



Up the top left hand corner I folded the pink paislee papers and held them down with our petite silver frame charms , organza ribbon again and flowers. Top flower was white, and you know what I did with that one! and the bottom flower I left alone but did ink it. You might be able to see a small bit of blue glimmer mist that I have sprayed around the edges.



Okay so why am I horrified?

Well over at the Scraplounge each day a scrapbooking question of the day is asked.

Now last week we were asked if anyone has used kindy glitz then the following day asked if anyone uses Dimensional Magic.

Yes I am giong to name and shame you young lady! Well, KYM admitted out loud that SHE HAS NEVER USED EITHER PRODUCTS!!!!

Now to me thats like the Pope not saying his morning prayer! Truly I was mortified, horrified to say the least, in fact I don't think I can express what I thought - lost for words! So my dear Kym, in your order that I am posting to you today I am also enclosing a couple of samples I quickly made up for you late last night, not stunning but they show you what you the effects that they can product!



The black flower has just been sprayed with granite glimmer mist
Black kindy glitz on the chipboard frame
3d kindy glitz on the flowers
The key has been inked white (couldn't find an ink to match teh flower sorry Kym)and dimensional magic applied. Also a small drop of DM was applied under the charms to stop them from moving.

Now if there is anyone else out there who doesn't want to be named and shamed LOL, in your next order let me know and I will send you a couple of small samples using these 2 awesome products.


TFL everyone
Have a fab day
Tracy

2 comments:

LG said...

WOW Love this LO Tracy! I should scrap all females in our family too, its brilliant! I love the way you used those charms. Hmm, I should have ordered those pins LOL

LG

kym said...

OMG Tracy, i received your samples and they are gorgeous!!! Thanbk you soooooo much!!!
Seems i'll have to buy some DM and kindy glitz in my next order!!!
*hangs head in shame* LOL!!!