Wednesday, March 9, 2011

We are just loving Echo Park

Wendy here ...

I was very lucky this month as Tracy sent me the new Echo Park Collection ‘For the Record’ to play with!
Love it!
It is suited to both feminine and masculine layouts as even though the colours are quite bold; there are pretty flowery patterns in the range too.

I made this LO of my DS, the colours in the photo perfectly matched the black and off white papers in the range (and you all know how much I love black & white!!)




The papers I’ve used are Stamp of Approval for the background and both sides of Newsprint

On the large piece of Newsprint I have torn it and stitched it back together again with black thread.  The ruler is from the Borders paper and my journaling block (still to complete) is Noteworthy.   

I’ve distressed and inked most of my paper edges just a little. The ‘For the Record’ is from the Element stickers which I stuck onto black cardstock , cut out again and then 3D’s and positioned it at the bottom of my journaling block. 


Now I have to say the Alpha Cardstock Stickers in this range are FANTASTIC!! Absolutely love them, they are such good value, there are lots of stickers and FOUR great fonts! I love mixing my title fonts so they were perfect for me! I’ve used the scrabble ones for LOVE and the red and beige ones for ADORE and ALWAYS . 



The TUESDAY and YOU are words from the Alpha Cardstock Stickers.  I have mounted all the stickers I have used on some black board to raise them off the page! 

The bracket I’ve used is from my fav AC Foam Thickers Daiquiri Alphas! TFL I’m off to play some more with these papers!!



and from me Tracy

It's hard to imagine this cute little leprechaun of mine is now a mega tall 14 year old boy fill of hormones (which I might add is driving me insane!!!!!)


It wasn't my intention to use Echo Park for this layout but when I matched the photo to the Fabric Store papers well it was perfect so I went with it ...

The Making Memories Letter "I" (which is on sale at the moment for 60c) I sprayed with some Graphite glimmer mist then inked the script stamp from this set here Toil & Trouble Clear Stamps from The Girl Paperie

The large letters are from Scrapware and embossed with Walnut Stain, I rubbed more off in areas and next to them are the Scrapware Fancy Brackets covered with picket fence white crackle paint


Other products used are:
little boy with cap charm (he is mega cute!)
and Carolee Creations Flirtacious Letters (these are a black, white and pink set but obviously only using the black and white letters)

Corinna and I are working on some of the Webster's Pages just to give you a little break from Echo Park LOL (oh except my OTP that is nearly finished is Echo Park ... well I just can't resist those Be Mine papers!!!)

and

Prima should be here Friday or Monday ... yipee

Scrapware Chipboard in the coming soon section should also be here Friday or Monday ... loving the new gates, street lights and doilies

Take care

See ya soon

1 comment:

Toni Cartwright said...

Hi there, First of all yes i just love too these papers from Echo Park, BOO HOO i do not have any but what i see gee i LOVE them, so i think i will be just getting some of that!!!!LOL hehehehe
Wow i love your LO's they are great!!
And thank you so much for your comment over at my blog Much appreciated I JUST LOVE READING MY COMMENTS... i am only new to this blogging etc and the more comments the better it just lift's my day everytime i read one..
You have a great day/Week!!!
Thanks again and till next time Bye for Now
TONI
XOXOXOXOXOXOX