Friday, March 25, 2011

Cards with Echo Park and Bo Bunny arrives

Cards with Echo Park
by Wendy 
A couple of cards using the gorgeous Echo Park For the Record papers  ... I am absolutely loving this month with these papers AND one of my favourite new products – the Charcoal Black Bakers Twine!





OK - take your snowflake core dination cardstock - cut your card to the desired size. I have used a die to cut this card but it could be hand cut by tracing around some scalloped paper or cardstock (I know how good a lot of you out there are at fancy cutting!!! Just awesome!) or you could just use a normal shaped card.

Choose your papers - the Echo Park For the Record papers have some great papers in the range that on one side have four 6x6 patterns on them ... excellent for card makers as they are just the right size and the actual patterns are slightly smaller.

I love using 6x6 papers when I am card making and Tracy has a gorgeous Webster’s Pages Spring Market Yacht Club & Country Estate 6x6 paper pad in the store, you really should check out, awesome value for 36 double sided papers.

Oops a bit sidetracked there ... Back to the card LOL – I’ve used ‘Picket Fence’ and  ‘Vintage Linen’ for my red and black papers and a border from the ‘Borders’ sheet.  Then using good old eyelets (which everyone has in their stash!! Right?!?) and some Charcoal Bakers Twine I made 3 pennant/flag shapes! In the middle of each pennant, I used some letters from the ‘Alpha Cardstock Stickers’ to spell out, YOU. I finished by using some more of the alphas to make JUST FOR (love this red alpha) and ‘hand stitched’ around it in black pen! and Voila! You’re done! 

Celebrate


My second card is again using the Echo Park For the Record papers and snowflake core dinations.


For this one I have used the green pattern on the ‘Vintage Linen’ paper and a strip of  the ‘Newsprint’ paper across the middle of the card. The loopy border is from the ‘Alpha Cardstock Stickers’ and so is the ‘Celebrate’ sticker , which I have mounted on board and covered with Dimensional Magic.


The circle is a cardstock circle, which I have covered in Charcoal Bakers Twine and mounted onto another die cut fancy circle. I have to say these Bakers Twines are seriously cool ... love them!!
TFL! 
New Arrivals


Bo Bunny


Bo Bunny Ad Lib




This is a totally playful collection with bold, bright colours, funky patterns with doodling and will certainly appeal to many of you ... I am so tempted to forget the packing today and have a play!













Bo Bunny Blast Off!

This paper range at first glance looks like a range for younger children but the more subtle patterns on the backs of the papers are perfect for older kids and teenagers too ...


Check out this amazing die cut!






and what a match !!! Perfect to embellish with the Scrapware Blast Off Chipboard

I was just checking out the Bo Bunny blog and found this post 3,2, 1 Blast Off!
Where one of the DT's made a memory game with the Blast Off paper collection ... fab idea for a present



 But for me I am finally going to Scrap DS's fourth birthday which was a Buzz Lightyear party

Hope you all have a fantastic, creative weekend

To infinite and beyond ..................................

1 comment:

amanda73 said...

love those cards, great inspiration, and lovin those bo bunny pps, definitely gonna order that soon