Friday, October 29, 2010

Sketch to motivate us and some new arrivals

Melinda created this sketch to get us motivated since some of us were at a mojo low this month - must be something in the air ...

Here's the sketch




So starting off with Melinda


Sometimes it's nice to just sit down and play... so I decided to relax and enjoy working on this layout! I really love creating little garden scenes on my layouts and using lots of flowers, tufts of grass, perhaps a fence and usually always a tree!


Now, as for Halloween... those sort of pics are non-existent in my stash so I decided to throw caution to the wind and use photos of my niece who was having a rather 'witchy-poo' day.

I kept with the colour scheme that typically depicts Halloween using the gorgeous Pink Paislee Twilight collection with its oranges and purples and lots of black card, bling, flowers etc and a big gnarly tree!


Products used are:



From Wendy ...

This is my take on the great sketch from the very talented Melinda Spinks! Now I didn’t have Halloween photos to scrap but I did use Halloween colours for both my card and photo!!


I’ve used Core’dinations Nightfall and Orange cardstock and some pieces of a Rusty Pickle Paper I had left over from a previous DT pack, unfortunately RP is no more and no longer in stock!!

I cut the orange card to A4 size so I could put it through my printer to print onto it the palm tree image I found on the internet, (the palm tree suited my photo better!)

I then attached it to my Nightfall card and put some pieces of the spotted paper tucked behind the orange card. I’ve used the same paper as my strip across the page (as on the sketch) and once AGAIN I have chopped up my photo into three pieces!!

I did this as I wanted to match this to my LO from earlier in the month! Hence I have again used a gorgeous my2angels Frangipani flower on the LO!!

I used 3d tape to attach my photo.

The title is Scrapware Antique Lowercase Alpha, which I have stamped and covered with a light coat of Tim Holtz Rock Candy just for a slightly shiny effect.

I’ve also used a huge favourite in the Jenni Bowlin Tiny Circle Alphas and some brackets from the Thickers Daiquiri!


To finish off I used a my2angels Black Rhinestone Flourish, a Made with a Smile Sun charm and some White Ric Rac

TFL



And from me Tracy, with my take on the sketch (sort of)



My frame is a pizza box painted black and sprayed with Silver Glimmer Mist and cardstock is Love Potion

I made two masks of the scrapware haunted house and placed down in position then sprayed with Silver Glimmer Mist and outlined with Inkssentials White Opague Pen



For the scrapware haunted house ...
The moon is heat embossed with Zing Metallic Silver and inside a few of the windows
Pink windows are just cardstock with Inkssentials Crackle Accent

Cut up and layered scrapware spider web (heat embossed with Zing Metallic Silver) and the scrapware spider has been inked first in black and the legs embossed with ranger black puff


Scrapware Love Fern Tree embossed with Sizzix Woodgrain Embossing Folder and heat embossed with Zing Metallic Silver

To add a bit of spook I tucked 2 eyes behind the tree



Oh and the new Echo Park Everyone loves Christmas Paper Range arrived today -now this is my kind of Christmas paper



also with The Girls Paperie Tinsel and Twig is in - I love their thick papers and beautiful colours


For those of you who asked, I have created a PDF file for distressing chipboard, as seen in the previous post. You will find it in the resource section under tutorials

Hope you all have a great weekend
TFL



7 comments:

Wendy said...

This was a great sketch Melinda .. so in need of inspiration at the moment!! Love your gardens on your LO's so much detail! and Tracy love you spooky house LO and the cut out photos look fantastic!! Happy Halloween everyone!!

ann said...

What a great sketch and Tracy and Melinda I love your examples so much attention to detail.
Wow Wendy your LO is so peaceful !!!!

Marg said...

What a wonderful sketch and the all the layouts are awesome with yes heaps of attention to detail.. Lovely to look at....:-)

ann said...

Hi Tracey hope you are enjoying the week end...pop over to my blog I have something for you xx

amanda73 said...

love that sketch,........ i love the echo park range too;..... and i cant wait for your xmas range of websters to come in, im hangin for it

Mel said...

Wow just love the Halloween Layouts, gorgeous and Tracy just love your gorgeous eyes sticking out from behind the tree... I love that sketch and Wendy you know I love that gorgeous layout you did. just divine with those autumn colours. Melxx

Kylie said...

what a fab sketch..i just love it!
gorgeous halloween LO's