Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween and NEW ARRIVALS

Taryn here ...

I guess I am running a little behind, but I finally got to scrap this pic of the kids at our halloween street party last year.

I have used the My2Angels Happy Halloween felt ribbon for the title, which really stands out against the background paper.

It also co-ordinates well with the black scroll felt frame.

I have used a few accents, with the black rhinestone flourish, the rhinestone pumpkin, and Tracy's handmade silver/grey flowers.

I have also used a few stamps on this one, the ledger stamp, and the swirl.
I framed it all using a black cardstock background.



I had a little fun making some Halloween cards as well...

The rhinestone pumpkins are perfect for cards. I teamed them with some black flowers, black velvet ribbon and scrapware chipboard button.


And for this card, I used the black star felt ribbon to frame the rhinestone pumpkin, and layered the Graphic 45 alphas for the "Spooky" sentiment.

Wishing you and your family a Happy Halloween!!

Taryn


Tracy here ...

Whilst Halloween isn't really an Aussie thing - living in a complex is a great opportunity for the kids to be in a safe environment to go trick or treating.

Each year I type up a note to give to all the neighbours, which gives them the choice whether to have the kids visiting or not.

Out of 42 units, close to 35 of them join in so the kids have enough lollies each year to last them until Christmas (unless a certain person is up late scrapping and gets the munchies!)

This is the notice we send around decorated with Halloween clipart ...

To the Residents of County Lane
Halloween is nearly here – 31st October 2010
If you would like to participate in the fun of seeing the children in their fabulous costumes and give them a treat, simply attach this notice to your screen doors and we will be sure to come and see you If you don’t display this notice we won’t bother you The children will come knocking after 6pm

Melinda and I are posting our Halloween layout up on Wednesday - and if you do take part in Halloween fun we have a whole section dedicated to Halloween over at my2angels

So until then

Oh and keep an eye on the New Arrivals Section lots arriving this week - with the first of our arrivals coming this afternoon - Basic Grey and Little Yellow Bicycle Christmas papers




2 comments:

Mel said...

Gorgeous layout Taryn, love the cards too, what a fantastic idea Tracy doing that so the kids can be involved in this tradition or should I say "lolly feast" I had to laugh re: late night scrapping binge, I have these too. Melxx

Kim said...

OOOO love the layering on your layout taryn and those cards are just too cute!!!