Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Creamy Latte and Blue Lemonade ATC's

How better to decorate your tiny ATC's than with tiny, sparkly Sugar Beads!?

For this set of ATC's, which I made using Creative Imaginations Oceanside papers, Creamy Latte and Blue Lemonade Sugar Beads are the PERFECT match.



I made the base of my ATC's from a left over scrap of Navy Blue cardstock I found in my stash - about half a 12 x 12 sheet. The thing about ATC's, is that there are no rules, except that they have to be 2.5" x 3.5" in size, so when I make a set like these, I love the fact that they are all different. 
They have a lot of very similar elements, but the differences are what makes them fun.   :)

The background of each one is a different piece cut from a sheet of Del Mar paper - sadly now out of stock ... I wouldn't mind getting some more! There is a starfish, two different shells and a butterfly.
I popped a mask over the top and used an Ink Blending Tool and  Chipped Sapphire Distress ink to add the circle pattern to the cards.

On top of a few of the circles I applied Glossy Accents and then spooned over some Blue Lemonade Sugar Beads.

The Antique Bronze Spoon is just made to be a Sugar Bead tool!



Just shake off the excess and poke the beads around until you have the perfect fit.

Popped up on Dimensional Tape, the next layer is made by mounting a small rectangle of paper on more navy blue cardstock. Three of these pieces are from the varnished Seashells Paint It Paper, and I have inked them a bit with Chipped Sapphire to make the varnished pattern stand out. The other is cut from Del Mar.

To add the accents to this piece - on three of them I laid down two lines of Double Sided tape right next to each other. The tea-dyed muslin is twisted, frayed and laid onto the first piece of tape and Creamy Latte Sugar Beads  are stuck onto the second. The teeny, tiny micro beads stick really well to the tape, and a bit of  Glossy Accents added to the top makes a perfect bed for the larger beads.





On the other one I laid down the line of tape for the muslin as before, but added the Sugar Beads to the starfish shape revealed when I inked the  Seashells Paint It PaperGlossy Accents is again the glue, this time just squeezed carefully onto the shape.


Finally, the stickers from the 12x12 Cardstock Stickers sheet that match the background paper are added to the top. These are also on Dimensional Tape - just reduce their stickiness by dusting with talcum powder - and all have had their edges inked with Chipped Sapphire.

Michele

1 comment:

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

OMG!!!! these are just incredibly gorgeous Michele, I simply ADORE what you have done with this mix of colours. so creative :)