Saturday, March 2, 2013

Horders and 75cents

Morning from a VERY wet Queensland
Geli here today

In an effort not to end up on the "Hoarders" TV show I've been trying to use up bits and pieces from my stash. Here I made a background from 2 papers and a barcode strip, added some stickers, an old rosette and some arrows. So far so good.


Stashbuster pages are great but they sometimes end up looking a bit slapped together. Which they are!
Especially my title chipboard looked to be from the last century (it is). I glammed it up with some mint crush sugar beads.

(The letters were already printed in different shades and patterns of green.)

First I covered the bottom of the letters with Dimensional Magic and covered them with mint crush sugar beads. The bigger beads tend to come out first and I made sure there were plenty of them. I let that dry and then repeated it with the smaller microbeads that come out last. I let the original colour show through on the top of the letters, giving it all a multi-coloured effect. 
2 more coats of Dimensional Magic kept everything in place.


The waves below the title are quick to stitch with the Sew Easy tool and the scallop head. 
All my2angels Haberdashery products can be found here in the Haberdashery Section

Did you spot the little ship's steering wheel charm? You can sew them on with an embroidery stitch!


So, if you have some unloved stuff on the bottom of your stash, glam it up with some fabulous sugar beads!


Hi everyone
Ann here again 
playing around with the gorgeous 75 cents collection from Kaisercraft

I loved the idea of using a Inkssentials Black Tag #8
and Inkssentials black ATC with this delicious Kaiser collection

From the 61/2 inch pad I cut one of the pattern papers 6 1/2 x 13 1/2. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and then placed Black Rhinestone Chain down each side.
I have used the ATC as a matt for the pattern paper which I have rubbed using the Tim Holtz ink blending tool and Vintage Photo Distress Ink, which has accentuated the embossing on the paper.
I have used the Idea-Ology Ornate plate as a frame over the butterfly cut-out from the paper pad, then placed the ATC on the tag with foam tape.

and lastly added the creamy butter cherry blossom and moss green cherry blossom, brown scalloped edged organza ribbon and Brown Rhinestone Chain.

I finished off by inking all edges using Versa baby blue ink.

kaisercraft 75cent collection

You really must pop over and check out this collection here
it is even better IRL


No comments: