Monday, March 25, 2013

Prima Engraver Layouts

Prima Engraver Layouts

I am loving these papers - their versatility makes them suitable for both of the angels and at any age.
They are adaptable to shabby, vintage or grunge style layouts, as you can see below.



 
First up I sprayed a white scalloped felt frame with Guilded Gold Glimmer Mist, to tone down the white. 
I cut various pieces from Prima Engraver Cesello and adhered them to my Prima Engraver Cartouche so that they were off-centre and to the right and then added a couple of pieces at the top of the left hand side of frame.

Next I adhered my "dried" felt frame to the Prima Engraver Cartouche so that it was over my cut pieces.



I fussy-cut the two flowers on Prima Engraver Cesello, and adhered them to left side of the felt frame.

I sprayed some Guilded Gold Glimmer Mist to the Stemmed Flowers and Roses and tucked them amongst the fussy cut flowers.


On 2 corners I added a cream with red tips mulberry flower, Large Filigree Flower and a Cream and Wine Cherry Blossoms,



before adding a final spray of Guilded Gold Glimmer Mist and Marmalade Glimmer Mist over the completed layout.


For my second layout using the Prima Engraver Collection I went grungy.



 
My base pattern paper is Prima Engraver Calligraphy and the top paper is Prima Engraver Cartouche.
I scrunched up and distressed the paper and then used my sewing machine to create a stitched border.  Tucked in-between two ripped edges is a flat circle filigree cut in half and topped with a cut Twiddleybitz Flourish Corner. I embossed it with Stampendous Aged Black Embossing Powder to give it some texture and a lovely black/gold look.



The next step was to adhere our black zig zag felt frame in the centre


 

 

It looks pretty crappy at this point, but ...



then I painted over the top with Claudine Hellmuth Matte Multi-Medium,
waited for it to dry ... and then sprayed it with Tarnished Silver Glimmer Mist.
When dry, I attacked it with Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist
and then dry brushed Sandal Paint Dabber over random areas.  

 



For the title, I added a black embossed Twiddleybitz Me & You chipboard title covered with Mud Cake Sugar Beads.

Lastly, I gave it a spray with Guilded Gold Glimmer Mist, then added the photo.
 





No comments: