Friday, July 6, 2012

Grungy Boy ATC's and NEW ARRIVALS


Grungy Boy ATC's

Michele here and it's my first week 
as a DT 'angel' (LOL!!) for Tracy at my2angels :) 

And what a great theme for me to begin with. I love boys layouts - I can grunge to my heart's content and make lots of mistakes and yet nobody knows the difference.


My project for week number one is a set of four grungy ATC's (Artist Trading Cards). 

I love making these, they are quick to make, easy to store and fun to swap with scrappy friends. For this set I used Kaisercraft’s new 'Attitude' collection - absolutely perfect for masculine layouts, and the smaller 6x6 papers are just as perfect for ATC's. 

The links here are all to the 12 x 12 version of these papers...much easier to see :)




First I spent a bit of time making the four background frames. I took an Inkssentials Black Cardstock ATC and glued two rows of string around the edge to create a border. When it was dry I painted the string with a thin coat of black acrylic paint. 

When this was done I cut four chipboard centres to fit inside the border and covered them all with Attitude's 'Whatever!' - I used the green reverse. 

The edges were all inked with Black Soot Distress Ink.

The next steps were different for each card, but the papers used are the same ones. 


Card #1



A distressed, torn and curled piece of 'Teenager', a fantastic graffiti'd pattern with a grungy rusty red and white number pattern on the reverse, has been punched and some eyelets inserted. A piece of string is laced across the tear and there is a Football Sports Boot charm dangling from the string. There are also a few staples scattered around. The football boot's pretty shine has been sadly rusted using Twiddleybitz Rusting Powder - I hope Tracy will forgive me ;) Behind the tear I have tucked a tiny piece of the reverse of 'Trouble' with an equally tiny piece of Black Mesh on top of it.


Also given the rusting powder treatment are the small chipboard cogs - in this case cut in half. On top of the rusting they have a little bit of Cinnamon Stickles smeared around them. This was dried using a heat tool to take off some of the prettiness of the glitter and leave the rough texture. There is an Ideaology Mini Gear just tucked under a punched and inked circle from the 'Individual' paper sheet. This small circle is popped up on Foam Mounting Tape (oos).


Card #2
  

All the components of this card are the same as for the first one - and the next two. This one has the addition of a Boys with Caps charm (again 'rusted') and a 'boyz' word strip added to the punched circle. This word was cut from the manufacturer's strip running along the bottom of the 'Rebel' paper and given an inky edge. There are also some Game Spinners added to the Ideaology Gears using the included long fasteners.






Card #3

 

The only thing on this card that differs from the others is the Boys Cap charm - the rust is the same. I love this charm, it's very cute, and if you shop at my2angels this month it is one of the free gifts you will receive with your first purchase. Lucky!







Card #4


  

On my final ATC I decided that I needed a banner, but of course could not leave it looking tidy, so the last flag is falling down :) On each of the flags I put a charm - two tiny Bike Charms and a Spanner/Wrench Charm all looking decidedly un-cared for and another tiny gear.
The small circle under the other small gear is cut from the 12x12 Sticker Sheet and popped up on Foam Mounting Tape (oos). 


So that was Week 1. I hope you enjoy my ATC's and are inspired to make some of your own.....maybe we can swap? I'll be back next week with my take on this month's sketch challenge - can't wait to get my hands dirty again ;)


MICHELE 




NEW ARRIVALS


Foam Stamens
available in 8 colours
$1.20 per bunch of 30 heads 







 LIMITED EDITION
$6.00 for 20 flowers and 1 bunch of stamens


$1.60 for a bunch of 5



1 for $1.20
Measures approximately 60mm long x 15.5mm wide x 2mm thick
 

5 for $1.60


also many charms are back in stock

wishing you all a creative and fun weekend






1 comment:

Sandie said...

Gorgeous cards, love the grungy appearance, and colours.

Lovely new items, need to do some shopping! ;-)