Friday, July 27, 2012

Boys Card and Tag


For the final week of Boys month I have made a Birthday Card and a Gift Tag using Attitude! papers and embellishments from my2angels - great to add to any small boy's present :) 


First the card:

This is a Surprise Pop-Up Card - There are millions of how-to videos out there but personally, my go-to instructional videos for all kinds of fabulous cards are on Splitcoast Stampers....have a look here for this one.



 
The base of the card is a piece of reddish brown cardstock I had in my stash. On the front of the card there is a slightly smaller piece of the reverse of 'Dude'.

This is the bit you write your hidden message on - in this case I used rub ons and added a line of arrows and a crown cut out from the 12x12 Sticker Sheet (oos), but you could just as easily use the patterns on the manufacturer's strip that is on every paper in the range.








Then there is the construction of the pop-up piece - a piece of black cardstock covered in the 6 1/2" Paper pad version of 'Whatever!'. The pull-out tag is covered in the contrasting red 'Trouble' (the small version has an awesome shiny embossed look).
  


The embellishments - on the pull out tag there is a piece of my2angels Explore Loud Messy Rough and Tumble Dirt 100% Boy Ribbon and a Boys with Caps silver charm all held on with a 10mm black jumpring and a 5mm silver jumpring.

On the pop up front there is a diecut shape from the 6 1/2" paper Pad. I've wrapped some string around it and added a silver Motorcycle charm. The stamped boy (Eric from Daniel Torrente/Stampotique) is coloured using Copic Markers and the '6' is from Tim Holtz' Ideaology Alpha Parts.

The inside is simple - just another piece of 'Dude', some more rub ons from my stash and another row of arrows and a crown from the 12 x 12 Sticker Sheet. Plenty of space to write your message :)












And the tag.....well, this one has a few layers.
The first is a piece of 'Dude' which I embossed using the gears folder from Sizzix Texture Trades - Artful Muse Set and inked with Crushed Olive Distress Ink.
Then - in order - there's a small piece of metallic paper from the 6 1/2" Paper Pad, some strips of roughly cut Black Mesh (oos), what was left of my zipper from the Best Buddies layout and finally a curled piece of brownish green paper also from the paper pad (a smaller version of 'Individual').

 I added a bit of graffiti'd paper to the back of this so that when it was curled there was no white paper showing. The final layer has also been stamped with the Kaisercraft Graffiti stamp (and Black Archival Ink (oos)) and a Darkroom Door scratched background stamp (and Crushed Olive Distress Ink).
 




Embellishing are some more of that my2angels Explore Loud Messy Rough and Tumble Dirt 100% Boy Ribbon, and a Truck charm held on with a 10mm black jumpring and a 5mm silver jumpring. Tucked in to the end of the zipper is an inked and crackled 'Warning Boys at Play' pin. 
Another coloured 'Eric', some knotted string and two strips of paper with 'Birthday' and 'Boy' rub ons complete the tag.










So that's my last contribution for the boys - next month is Birthday month at my2angels ....how exciting - I'm looking forward to it :)

PS (Tracy tells me a restock of Attitude!  will be here by Tuesday next week so go and pop them in your wishlist now)

Michele

No comments: