Monday, July 16, 2012

100% boy layout, Create an Album page 6 and New Arrivals

100% boy layout
Hi all - Lisa here - very excited with my first blog post for my2angels!!! 

I was very fortunate to be given a range of the Kaisercraft Attitude papers - SO PERFECT for the ages of my boys - 14, 13 and 10 !!!



I also have a bit of a love affair with Crafters workshop templates and Tracy has such a fabulous range of them in store!!! One of the things I love to do is mix up my templates - so in this layout I have used the chicken wire template and some glimmer mist to create additional pattern on the background paper.  The patterned paper is
Attitude! Dude a nice neutral grey & white background


I then grabbed my small 6 x 6 inch gears template (but you could use a larger one in smaller sections as well) and used light grey ink like Stazon Dove Grey to create some random inked areas for added depth of pattern. 
This gives me a cool background to work with.


 
I love the sticker sheet that comes with this paper range and I decided to use some of them clustered with some torn bits of paper from this fabulous range!! ...I also like how Kaiser have given you a little bonus with the cut off piece at the end of the sheet of paper - you can trim this off and use this too - you can see I have used a couple of these!!!

Once I clustered my strips and stickers, I placed my photo on a slight angle - and then added some of the funky stickers from the sticker sheet -


 

... as well as one of my favorite my2angels charms - silver camera charms!! LOVE it!! 







 

I also added one of the 100% boy pins that Tracy makes ( SO COOL to have great boy embellishments!!!).




I also like to doodle on my boys layouts - it adds that little bit extra - I even outlined the photo..... and then I added some doodles, edging and stitches - just with a black sharpie pen!!!

I know these papers have sold quickly, because they are such a great range for boys, but I know Tracy is getting more in - so take a look and see what she has !!!

LISA





Now from GELI

 Welcome to my 6th page of Heidi's album! 
As before, I am using the This & That collection and you can follow all the links to my2angels for all the products I used.

Believe it or not, I started with the sketch from the my2angels blog:
Okay, so it's a little hard to recognise on my layout, but that's the beauty of a sketch, you can change things to suit you. Give it a go, you can win an awesome prize! You have till the end of July.
Yes, you can make an entire album from the collection, plus a bit of cardstock. I used mostly white cardstock for all the background and it's nice to snazz them up a little. Spraying over a template with glimmer mist is a good way and you get all the negative bits coloured. BUT what if you want it the other way around? 

Here is how:
Spray the template with yellow daisy glimmer mist in an old pizza box (I covered parts of the mask with some spare paper cause I didn't want the whole size), then turn the template over and place it on the cardstock. 
 Careful, you don't get a second go! Press down a little and you get this:
 It gives an interesting, uneven look.
Next, cut out some flowers from one of the patterned papers and glue them along the left side. (For now, don't glue the bottom ones on)
 Glue 2 photos together and attach them with tape, but leave the top open. They'll become pockets for the journalling.
To reinforce them a bit, sew along those edges:
Make a thin border and 2 flags from some of the border strips of the patterned paper and glue them under the photos. Bit more sewing? Sure.
 
 I added a sweet little gift charm and a love charm (I cut off the loop with pliers)
Remember on page 2 I had 3 petals of the giant mulberry flower left over? It was already sprayed with yellow glimmer mist and sewn with baker's twine from my previous project. Yup, I can't throw anything away... Well, here it is, tugged under some more flowers.
And here are a few more embellies:
a cute little mushroom charm and some Liquid Pearls (a super saving alternative to stick on pearls) on a swirl from the sticker sheet:
...a mulberry butterfly, again sprayed with with 2 colours of glimmer mist, and a felt heart. You can sew it on or (if you already packed up the sewing machine, like me) staple it down and hide the staple with a pearl. Too easy. 
 Punch a hole in each of the large flowers and put a few stamens in each one. Oh look, another glimmer misted mulberry butterfly, this time green! And a star flower...
 Another thing I love is the baker's twine: just tie a bow and pop it on, perfect for a bit of dimension in small bites.
 Lastly, here are the journalling cards (I haven't written anything yet), they go in the pockets under the photos.
I'll be back next week with the next page. If you have missed the other pages, here are the links: 


AND

Explore

I finally got my boy layout done for my2angel's boy month:

 I had another play with Crafter's Workshop templates. They look really cool when you go over it with Rangers Distress inks and a blending tool
 Even the negative of a chipboard was converted into a mask. I used texture paste and because I was at a crop at Anne's house, it was a different brand of texture paste that turned see-through by the next day. I am intrigued... Will have to find out the brand.
I did the sewing with washi tape, cause I had forgotten to bring some ribbon. It's pretty cool, I think.
 This rosette die has got to be one of the most versatile tools in my stash. It's great for boys and girls and by trimming the cut-out strip skinnier you can make smaller rosettes. This one has a coin charm in the middle with a bit of Glossy Accents.
 Dangle a cowboy hat and a hammer with the help of a mobile phone cord and the explorer has everything he needs!
 Well, maybe throw in a balloon and a film strip, for good measure. These rhinestones are so much cheaper than the sticky ones and they stick a treat with Glossy Accents.
Cheers!
GELI 




New arrivals to my2angels

We have finally received replacement stock for all the patterned wooden buttons we sold out of at the recent Scrapbooking Expo.

1.5cm Wooden Buttons
In packs of 6 or 8 (depending on colour pack)
Costs $1.00 - $1.30








Teapot Pins
Now available in Antique Bronze, with Pink, Blue Or Cream/Brown Beads.
You will find these in the new arrivals or the handmade embellishment section of the store.






No comments: