Friday, July 20, 2012

Games to play with your little Brother

"Games to play with your little Brother"

Hi there - Michele here again with another layout for Boys month.

Since I still have LOADS of Kaisercraft Attitude! papers and stickers left, I have carried on using them for this layout...I've called it 'Games to play with your little Brother'. I know that some of the papers are out of stock - this has been a very popular collection, but the ones I've used are mostly still available and the re-stocks of the others should be arriving very soon. The photo is one of my DD & DS at a party several years ago, when he was just old enough to be joining in the 'fun'.


The background paper - it reminds me of an old Aussie paling fence - is the reverse of 'Rebel'. It's so grungy looking that not even I needed to add to its distress :) What I did do, was punch one corner and then randomly around bits of the edge with a Martha Stewart Punch, ink the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink and put it onto a piece of black cardstock. This just added a bit of interest around the outside of the layout. Almost all of the rest of the papers I've used have come from the 6 1/2" Paper Pad. The more of these little pads scrapping companies bring out, the more I want. I love the way the patterns are so much smaller and more delicate - nothing in your face, but all the same detail you get on the 12x12 papers. Needless to say, I'm getting quite a collection :)

So, my photo is mounted on two complete sheets of this paper, and both have been distressed before being stuck down. I have also distressed the edges of the photo with an emery board. There is a small piece, 'Unique', cut from the reverse of 'Prank' tucked in under the right hand side and a roughly cut piece of Black Mesh at the top.


The rest is embellishments. I have played with the new Stampendous Aged Black Embossing Enamel on all my chipboard cogs and clock pieces. This is out of stock right now - and I'm not surprised, it may even be my fault - but I suspect there will be a re-stock coming up. I didn't cover the chipboard completely though, so where you see the greyish colour coming through - it is the untreated chipboard. The largest cog at the bottom has a Tim Holtz Ideaology Game Spinner in the centre.

The scalloped strips of paper on the left and at the bottom, both red and metallic, are also from the  6 1/2" Paper Pad. The red one is a die cut with the addition of holes I punched in it using a Cropodile - There are two joined Ball and Chains and a Boys with Caps Charm threaded through the holes. The two metallic ones are punched from a piece of paper with a Fiskars Threading Water punch. Both are edged with Black Soot and Fired Brick Distress Inks.




The tag over on the left is also a die cut from the Paper Pad. I have added a smaller tag (also a die cut), a Ball and Chain and a Baseball Cap Charm. The beginning of my extra long title is here too - from my Dymo label maker. Also on the tag are two tiny chipboard skull & crossbones from Scrapware, distressed with Black Soot and Fired Brick Distress Ink.

The banner that makes up the rest of the title is made from string, circles punched from the red and white spotted paper (again the paper pad), small triangles cut from the reverse of 'Dude', triangles of Black Mesh, tiny star rub ons from the Attitude! Rub Ons pack (oos), and letter stickers from the '12x12 Sticker Sheet' (oos). Dangling from the end is an Ideaology Light Bulb.

 .

Finally, there is a piece of Extreme Cool Play Hard Chill Out Awesome Mates Boys Ribbon across the page near the top of the photo.


I'm really enjoying the Attitude! collection - a friend's small son has a birthday coming up very soon, so I think a card and a tag for his present might be a good idea for my next project :)

Michele

No comments: