Thursday, March 29, 2012

Prima Almanac and creating my own flowers

Create your own flowers

Using white mulberry flowers from our white mulberry flower pack 

I stamped 2 of them with black ink and a script stamp - one doesn't need to be perfect because this is our bottom flower and will be covered mostly by the top flower


add some stamens in the centre of the one of the flowers and secure them with tape behind (this is our top flower)

then using a foam dot over the tape we just used to secure the stamens, then add the 2nd flowerunderneath

and to finish it off
sprinkle on some Diamond Dust



and I used one on my layout using the new
Prima Almanac
and creating a book as my photo mount


With my handmade flower, that I sprayed with Bronze Glimmer Mist

Gardenia (from the heritage flower pack)
Black and White Stemmed Flowers (sprayed with Bronze Glimmer Mist to tone down the white)
Yellow Roses (again sprayed with Bronze Glimmer Mist but to tone down the yellow)

and Black Flower Spray tucked in behind with metallic silver skeleton leaves

Up the top of layout I centred one of our mini black gardenias with a piece of our black flower chain, then placed on top of a small piece of black ric rac

and our butterfly charm



Handcut Butterflies from the Almanac pp coated with Diamond Dust and added silver stamens


our new mum charms hanging from black organza ribbon to create a bookmark


TFL

1 comment:

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

too clever Tracy...so creative and beautiful. you & your mum are so alike (after seeing you together in the pics!) love the LO and the flowers. actually I love it all - thanks for sharing this idea - simple yet gorgeous technique xoxo.