Monday, March 19, 2012

Peacock or Butterfly?



or 



What the heck I used both!
 and made 2 birthday cards .... have promised myself I will make more cards this year so I don't get caught out like I did so many times last year!



Here is a quick step by step on what and how I created this easy card .... made in about 10 minutes

Cut Pattern Paper down to 11.5cm x 15cm (normally I would cut down to 16.5cm but this way means I get can get 6 cards from the one piece of pp)

Distress edges and ink then attach to your Ivory Greeting Card

I then inked,  the card with Pinecone, working towards the pp, as I wanted to cover and tone down the ivory of the greeting card OR you might like to Glimmer Mist instead of inking





Take two brown stemmed rose buds and fold the stem in half.    Using your tailor awl spiral the stem around, giving you an extra piece for your flourish


Attach to your pp with double sided tape


Cut one of the sprays from an Ivory Flower Pearl Spray

And tape to pp with one brown stemmed flower

(PS Those ladies who subscribe to our Embellish Me kit will receive a few of the Maya Road Journalling Cards in this months kit)


  and finally add a Filigree Butterfly with a couple of cream pearls or brown pearls


or a peacock 
(I wiped Stickles over the Peacock AFTER I took the photo)


Easy peasy
2 cards down ...
I am not going to look at my list of how many more to go!

Happy Monday everyone













1 comment:

Elaine coustley said...

your cards are truly just beautiful
love the way you have curled the stems.