Monday, July 18, 2011

The last of our felt ideas (for now!)

Finishing off our felt week we have ...

Using felt as a mask

Right so you have your backing paper for your layout (or card), in my case I have used Teresa Collins On the Edge Plaid pp
take your felt ribbon, (cut to size) and place down on your paper BACK TO FRONT, so the backing paper is facing you as the picture shows


Then spray with glimmer mist (I used Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist)


Wait to dry then take off your felt and there you have it

and because you used the backside of the ribbon you can now use it again and again as a mask

Then I decided to add some more and create a background for a layout
(which I decided to do AFTER the sun started setting but I am glad I did can you see the stunning colour of the glimmer?)


and here is my completed layout


Our First Day in pin makes a great way to record the date (something I often forget to do!  durrh! I know ... I know ... isn't scrapping about the photo and recording memories!!! I am seriously blonde sometimes!)



Check out the cute owl charm sitting on a piece of felt, bit like a branch ah?  The scrapware foliage was sprayed with Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist as well and just left bare (you can see a slight bit of the gm on the leaves) and our Blue Gardenias with Blue Acrylic Cabochons Flowers are a perfect match with our blue felt ribbon!


Cluster of Blue Flowers

 




Okay the scrapware notepads I used as a photo mount and embossed the spirals with Zing Silver Metallic Embossing Powder.  
On the background of the notepad, I got out my The Girl Paperie on Holiday stamp (using the one with numbers in a bracket) but because I didn't want the brackets to show I held the stamp in my hand (instead of on an acrylic mount) this enabled me to control the stamp and what I wanted to appear once I heat embossed it with Brown Sugar Zing (I hope that made sense?)


 
My next layout I used the felt ribbon as a banner , highlighting it with our silver metal stars and blue resin flowers
and also added a piece behind the photo instead of more pattern paper






 

Using the technique that Cathy used on chipboard a few weeks back (well sort of my version anyway LOL)

I painted the chipboard white then coloured half of it with Glimmer Glaze All That Jazz.

Inked the edges with Jumbo Java then coated them with dimensional magic





This is our circle pendant filled with Glimmer Glaze All That Jazz and added our double star charm while it was still wet (using the glaze as an adhesive as well)





Another layout, using Teresa Collins on the edge papers again (well they match DD's school uniform so well) and they are such beautiful smooth papers to work with

This time I have used the felt ribbon down the centre of the page, and cut bits up from the blue butterfly and flower felt ribbon to add as flourishes
I also cut a few little pieces of our silver glitter ribbon and tucked behind some of the stars on the felt ribbon (thanks Cathy for the idea)


I wiped some Picket Fence Distress Stickles on our blue felt star which is on top of our blue adhesive rhinestone star, tucked in behind the photo





All the photos have been framed with Scrapware ATCs again, and most of them have been coloured faded jeans distress stains (OMG I said it before and I will say it again those stains make colouring chipboard mega quick and easy!)







Every layout must have a charm on it and since it is a sport competition layout
our cheerleader was a must to cheer DD on






so that is felt week

and whilst I could keep going (and reducing my pile of photos to scrap)

we have to move on to

ribbons
and hopefully squeeze in charms and bling before the end of the month

don't forget till the 21st July there is 30% off felt at my2angels

see you back here in a few days

Take Care
Be Safe


No comments: