Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Scrapping Relay Day 4

Day 4 for the scrapping relay
and with only 5 hours to go before midnight NO one has uploaded to the gallery yet ... are we in for a tight finish? Could this be the one that causes havoc amongst the teams? Or are they just teasing and leaving it to the last minute? Or ... wait for it ... did we put them in a spin with the pinwheel criteria? Sorry couldn't resist that sick pun!

Okay back to it ... as advised earlier Team 4 consists of ...
Tracey H, Kylie and Vicki

Criteria to be included on your birthday layout is ...

AN INVITATION
Hmm will this get the brain working overtime?

Here is my take on the challenge
with Sarah's birthday invites being printed on the photo




The pattern paper is Little Yellow Bicycle Pink Poppy - same as yesterdays layout as its the same birthday party

I cut up a pizza box and using a die cut pattern paper as a template. Painted white and black inked the edges and added some black rhinestones around the edges



Bottom right corner is bits of our black flower and butterfly felt ribbon and a pink mini gardenia



More black felt ribbon at the top
and the pattern paper is folded over and held down with mini gardenias,
2cm wide organza ribbon,
black safety pin,
glitter black embossed scrapware clock hand,
large journalling tag
and the title is from Carolees Creations Tiny Flirtacious Cardstock letters (love these because they are a mixture of black, white and pink letters)
and finally my favourite piece our circle pendants with inkssentials crackle accent and a homemade pink organza ribbon centred with a rhinestone


Remember upload your layout to your blog and the my2angels gallery before Thursday midnight for your team to be in the running for the team prize of $15 EACH to spend at my2angels.
Don't forget to leave a comment here when you have completed your layout

AND

Unique way of incorporating the criteria into your layout and links from your blog to the my2angels website gets YOU into the draw for a $15 voucher to spend at my2angels

Okay

READY ....

SET ....

GO ...

16 comments:

Kim said...

goodness Tracy I love hwt ayo have done with the pixxa box...I have just discovered them too, sorry I missed out on the relay, will def go in the next one, the pink and black colour scheme is just gorgoeus

Kylie said...

oh my...oh my...oh my...i think you've got me with the invitation on a LO...what the??? nice one :0) just love your take on the criteria, great idea..fabbo LO

Tracey said...

Well if ya thought the pin wheels did ever ones head in, look out!....lol. Thinking cap on, coffee, hmmmmm.....off I go :)

Kath Parker said...

What a gorgeous layout and a brilliant idea

Moonie said...

Loove this layout Tracy.. it is so quaint .... wish we could catch up sometime... may have to plan something Trace. xx

Wendy said...

No trouble for this girl!! My work here is done!! LOL!! all loaded ... guess that puts Team 3 in the lead!! Gorgeous LO Tracy ... love it, very cool invitations! :)

Katrina said...

Great work Wendy :) Go Team 3!!!! On to your capable hands Vicki :)

Taryn said...

Mmmm. Your layout is too beautiful, tracy. LOVE it to pieces. All the little details are gorgeous!! The competition is certainly hotting up :)

Mel said...

Tracy, this is just gorgeous, I love the invitation idea, wow that is something I would have to think about, I love what you have done by adding the words of the invite to the photo, come on, Team 2 we can do it. Melxx

Vicki said...

OMG Tracy!! I have just remembered i am up tonight and you have gone and thrown that at me - an invite - what the?? We don't usually do invites, so can i just stick my mobile on the page or something!! lmao!! :) Ok.. will have to make an invite and come up with something interesting..hmmm... thinking, thinking, thinking!! I will NOT let the team down!! lol!! :)

glorygirl said...

Almost done with mine. A very shabby pinwheel you shall see ;-) Putting on the finishing touches. Then it's photo and gallery time!

glorygirl said...

yikes! Just saw the time difference here. Didn't think to check that before.....i'm going to post in about 30 minutes. Here it's only 8:15 p.m. on Wed. so I thought I had plenty of time. So sorry!!! Hope I didn't ruin this for anyone!!!

Corrina said...

glorygirl no hun...it's all good!!! Welcome aboard and can't wait to see it :)

Anonymous said...

As Corrina said its all good - sorry didn't realise the time difference and you being over there (:
Fantastic layout that you can upload to the gallery now:)

Kylie said...

got it done & in the gallery & on my blog...MUST HAVE COFFEE :0) http://sweetlifekyliej.blogspot.com/2010/08/scrappin-relay.html

Vicki said...

I have loaded mine to the gallery here: http://scrapbookingwithmy2angels.ning.com/photo/is-it-over-yet-scrap-relay?context=latest
and blogged here: http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/2010/08/my2angels-scrapping-relay.html