Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Frames on layouts from our DT

Finally back to normal, after the show in Brisbane on the weekend, which was a great success and I have to mention a big THANK YOU to my mother (who pointed out to me with a tone of sarcasm in her voice that at least Taryn mentioned her in the comments left on my blog whoops I think I was told off LOL) for all your help this past 3 months and for over the weekend I COULD NOT have done it without you.

We had a lot of positive feedback and it was so nice to meet so many of you who have been customers over the past few years. (PS Zoe I didn't forget ordering the grungeboard for you it will be here early next week)

We have some fabulous inspiring layouts from our Perth DT girls to share with you today

First from Corrina ...

Sisters...



This layout is one of my two girls together at our local park. I took these pictures on Mother's Day afternoon this year, after I got a bee in my bonnet about having some fun shots of my girls together before they are both stinky grunting teenagers who won't look at the camera. They were still in their nice clothes from lunch but still ran around like idiots in the autumn leaves. I captured this one shot.

For this layout I have used Websters Lifes Portrait Pure Grace and Prima Flights of fancy - Ladybug papers. I fancy cut the very edge, butterfly and part of the scroll work from the Websters paper, being careful to keep it all in one piece. I coated this with rock candy to give it a crackly look and to give this a little bit more stability, and added just a touch of kindy glitz to the butterfly. I added peach and brown gardenias between the frame and the scroll work as they reminded me of the leaves in the background of the picture, and I randomly placed some loose rhinestones around the embellishments. (and yes, the leaves used to be white too until I attacked them with glimmermist..)



I lightly sanded the 'together' word charm to make the word really pop and adhered it to a white my2angels scalloped frame. I then sprayed the charm and frame with black magic glimmermist. I was really pleased with how easily the felt gobbled up the spray (not repellent at all), and the spray clung to the charm for a gorgeous effect. The frame and photo are mounted on the leftover Websters paper, and I used the entire piece of Prima paper as the background.

I punched a circle centre out using a circle punch for the diamonte round ribbon slide. (I was very happy to find I had a punch the perfect size!!) and used the buckle as a frame for part of the title.



Materials Used:
papers: Websters Lifes Portrait Pure Grace; Prima Flights of Fancy - Ladybug
flowers: peach gardenias, brown gardenias and white leaves
embellishments: my2angels white scallop frame, round ribbon slide, together word charm, loose clear rhinestones
title: Carolee's Creations Adorn It tiny letter stickers, die cut title.
products: Tim Holtz rock candy, black magic glimmer mist, black ink, pink ink, kindy glitz


From Wendy ...

Now anyone who follows the my2angels blog knows that I am not a ‘pretty’ scrapper! By that I mean I am not a massively fussy scrapper and hence (shock horror!!!) I have not used Websters papers before!!! This month though, Tracy made up our DT packs, asked us to focus on frames, and sent us some Websters Lifes Portrait papers together with lots of goodies from the M2A shop to play with. So flipping over the Reflections paper, to match my style better, I made this LO!



A little out of season I admit, but I chose to make a Christmas LO, so I teamed my spotted paper with Core dinations Nightfall cardstock, which I sprayed with some Marshmallow Glimmer Mist to give it a starry look. I covered the join with Black Velvet Ric Rac and then used White Ric Rac to make three ‘strings’ for my Christmas baubles, which are my2angels Circle Pendant charms! I choose to put my photo on top of the Black Felt Scroll Frame as it was slightly too large to go behind it, I sanded the edges to make it stand out a little better.



I then added a Heart & Moon Frame charm for the date and some Silver Self Adhesive Rhinestone Stars for an added bit of bling. I used a Pink Paislee Glitter chipboard alpha and some Carole’s Creations Tiny letter stickers for my title.



Hope they have inspired you to perhaps try your hand at glimmermist and our felt or
maybe look at our frames and pendants in a "framing" kind of way

Before I go, for anyone on this side of Oz there is a fundraising being held next month for Ovarian Cancer. phone or email Michelle to let her know if you are interested in attending



Till next time

5 comments:

Zoe said...

Awesome Tracy! Was so great to meet you in person! I'll be in contact hun. Gorgeous layouts too ladies. :)

Lisa K said...

Tracey - your stall looked awesome. YOu would have won the best looking stall for sure!!!

Tracey said...

Can't wait to hear ALL the goss from the show!
Awesome layouts from the girls :)

Leigh said...

I had a marvellous time Tracy. Great to meet you in person.

Taryn said...

Beuatiful work, girls. Love what you have done with all those yummy products. Definately need to get me some of that black glimmermist!