Monday, April 27, 2009

Anzac Day Layout

Remember last week when I said the Scraplounge CC was on this weekend and you only had to complete 3 layouts, which I believe I said I think I can handle that!!! Yeah well I didn't and being a twit & not reading properly I was suppose to upload them last night - yeah good on me, I only finished the layout last night just before 24 started at 11pm!!!! But I sort of have a good excuse apart from the fact DS had footy and DD was in the Anzac Day Parade March, damm Bigpond decided not to work for a period of time over the weekend - so in effect my life ended partly over the weekend. Up to 2 days they inform me before it will be fixed - obviously they are too busy being I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE MAN except Runaway Bay fixing my internet connection!!!! Thank god it was up and running on Sunday morning and then I had alot of work to catch up with.

Oh and then my computer decided not to acknowledge any of my printers, god knows why, they just weren't on the system, I can only assume they disappeared with all the lost socks that go astray in the washing machine!!!! I eventually got that problem sorted after a few hours but the mystery with the socks is still just that - a mystery!

Anyway thats my Monday bitch out of the way. Time for some scrapbooking.

Here's the layout I created for the cc which had to have an aged photo (well I kind of aged it by changing it to sepia tones), with lace, buttons, ribbons, journalling about your photo and earth tones.



I wasn't aware of this fact, but none of us living, have marched in the parade nor with my Grandmothers medals. As Sarah is in the school student council she was asked for represent the school. She wasn't too impressed carrying the framed photo of her Great Grandmother, but in her defence she wasn't really aware of the story behind it all until that morning, but eventually we convidence her and thanks to another mother who overheard us, told Sarah that is was an honor and priviledge. She actually created quite a bit of attention and had a few people requesting photos of her. So being the Drama Queen and with her "it's all about me" attitude I think she was glad she did in the end.

My grandmother was a nurse in Egypt and Italy - obviously I missed out on the caring genes. I am the one who laughs when there is an injury and the angels are not allowed to complain about being hurt unless bones & blood are visible!

Just a few close ups


The charms that I used, apart from the together tag charm, are usually silver however I just inked them with Stazon Timber Brown Ink and sprayed them with a matt finish to stop the ink from smudging. Got to finally use our glass beads as a strand. I have added blue into the layout cause the original photo has blue in it, which I was going to replace after I had submitted it to the CC. DS reckons I should leave it as is. I dunno not sure what I will do.
The little petite frame just above the photo of Sarah is one of the new charms which arrived on Friday. Whoops just realised I didn't let you all know about the new arrivals, here's a photo of some of them.



The soccer ball charms came in time, as Sarah has her first soccer game representing the school today. And that is where I am about to head off to.

Have a great day and don't forget the Treasure Hunt starts today at the Top 50 Scrapbooking Top50

Tracy

PS Here's a few photos for the rest of the family to view - you can look at them as well if you like, it just saves me from emailing them to everyone by posting them here:)




1 comment:

LG said...

LOL! You are funny Tracy. But I salute you for making at least one gorgeous LO! The details are just exquisitely done!Love it

LG