Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Do you drink cans of soft drink?

As a regular pepsi max drinker - dash of rum is complusory after the angels have been picked up from school the email below which I received from my mother recently put the heebie jeebies up me! Whether the story is true or not it still made me wonder about where the cans had been:

A woman went boating one Sunday, taking with her some cans of coke which she put into the refrigerator of the boat.

On Monday she was taken to the hospital and placed in the Intensive Care Unit.
She died on Wednesday.

The autopsy concluded she died of Leptospirosis.

This was traced to the can of coke she drank from, not using a glass.

Tests showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis. Rat urine contains toxic and deadly substances.

It is highly recommended to thoroughly wash the upper part of drink cans before drinking out of them. The cans are typically stocked in warehouses and transported straight to the shops without being cleaned.

A study at NYCU showed that the tops of drink cans are more contaminated than public toilets (i.e. full of germs and bacteria).

So wash them with water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind of
fatal accident.

No comments: