Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Let's Celebrate with Websters

Michele here -
since it's Birthday Month at my2angels, I have a birthday layout to share.
Celebrations are in full swing, so for my birthday projects this month I've said goodbye to the grunge (well...for the time being anyway) and hello to flowers, bright colours and lace.

First, a layout using this month's Challenge criteria called "Happy Birthday".

This celebrates my DD's 7th birthday many long years ago, so please forgive the quality of the photo :) And who is that winking kid in the corner?? His one eye seems to follow you around the room LOL!!


The base paper for this one is from the Websters Pages 'Lets Celebrate' range, which Tracy has in the store on sale :) This paper is called You're Invited. By itself, the yellow on this paper was a bit too bright for me, so I started by giving most of the page a light coat of gesso, just to tone it down. Then, using an old Heidi Swapp mask and an Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool , I inked it with Scattered Straw. Mustard Seed, Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks. Finally, I sprayed a bit of Sun Sisters Glimmermist right at the top and let it run down the page a little.
Next I lightly inked the edges of two small doilies and put them onto the page, covering the centre bits with some white gathered lace - this is such a soft pretty look :) These 11cm White Doilies are ideal for this, and so is this White Frilly Lace. Then I mounted my photo onto a piece of pretty Rose Embroidery Coredinations cardstock and placed it on top.


I painted a chipboard branch from my stash with white acrylic paint and then used my Distress Inks - Shabby Shutters, Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint, Victorian Velvet, Crushed Olive and Aged Mahogany - and a damp paintbrush to colour the flowers and branch. I gave the flowers a coat of Glossy Accents and the branches a coat of Crackle Accents. I love the way the Crackle looks on this. Then I chopped it into three pieces, putting two at the top of the photo and one, the more delicate end, in the top right corner of the layout.


Also in this corner, there is a piece of cotton lace from my stash, cut from the larger piece that features further down, and a mix of 2 cm pink and white, 1.3cm white, pink and yellow roses.
I have cut the 'Today is Special' banner from the reverse of 'You're Invited' and added two small pink rhinestones.

The two small banners underneath it are both made from the Rose Embroidery Coredinations cardstock. They are stamped using the new, gorgeous and so versatile Kaisercraft Save the Date Clear Stamps - 'Pennants'. I predict huge sales and restocks for this stamp in store! For the bottom one I used Jet Black Archival Ink and for the top pink one Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.


The rest of my chippy branch is sitting at the top of the photo ... sort of adding to the shape of the leaf mask underneath it. At the top corner I have added another piece of cotton lace and some small strips of ric rac in Pink/Peach cotton and Light Pink velvet. Also peeping out from under the lace is a Pink Engraved Felt Heart. On top of all that, another cluster of flowers ... this time including a pink 2cm Mulberry paper rose and a pink Star Flower (I added a white Foam Stamen to this one). There is also a small white rose bud.

Across on the other side of the page you can see a bit more doily poking out next to the title alphas (Prima - my favourite alphas at the moment :) ). These have been inked with Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick and placed on the top of the large strip of Cotton Lace.

There is also some more of the Pink/Peach cotton and Light Pink velvet ric rac. By far the prettiest bit on the page is the Coral and Antique Bronze Charming Bouquet peeking up from the cluster of flowers at the bottom of the layout. These are SO to die for ... must have them all! :)


My final floral cluster is joined by a sentiment cut from the reverse of You're Invited - "This Moment is Yours" and another piece of Light Pink velvet ric rac. I have also put some pink rhinestones into the spaces between the 'Celebrate's at the bottom of the page. In addition to the flowers already mentioned in this post there are some Pink Lillies and some tiny Yellow, Pink and White Roses.
That winking kid is still watching me! LOL!!
MICHELE

and from me,

 Tracy
A layout that also uses the  Websters Pages 'Lets Celebrate' range, with a little
help from Basic Grey Kissing Booth You+Me as the background, tucked in behind a few doilies.
I've even done some stitching and fussy cutting of various pieces from Websters Pages Let's Celebrate You're invited.

   







Check out how I have used pieces of our White Butterfly and Flower felt ribbon as flourishes, just tucking them in behind our gardenia and roses.


 

And just look at how this spoon charm can be used to create a 3-dimensional aspect to the story the patterned paper has created.

Still loving our embossing powders - here I have embossed our present charm with Shabby Pink Embossing enamel.  I've also embossed the chipboard doilies - and pretty much everything else that doesn't move fast enough to escape me. ;)



How different are our two layouts using the same paper? It's so easy to use these papers in totally individual ways - to create something uniquely yours.

1 comment:

Libby said...

What a beautiful layout! Love how you used the felt ribbon and all the cute little "extras" you added to your layout! Wonderful work of art!