Friday, May 27, 2011

Ring a ring a roses

Keonie back here again


This LO was created again with the Spring Market papers from Webster’s Pages. 


The journaling spot on the left hand side of the LO, and the ‘market’ sign with grape bunch were cropped from the Market Menu paper and embellished with dimensional magic sprinkled with small amount of glitter, some rhinestones and I raised the eye of each bird and random grapes from the grape bunch with the gorgeous Bisque Liquid Pearls from Ranger.   


As a final embellishment I stitched in a cherry charm that I glazed with Ruby Red liquid pearls then once dry, covered in dimensional magic.   
The yellow roses on top left of the journaling spot and the right hand corner piece (with cherries and clock) were cropped from the Spring market Vellum paper and secured either with Xyron machine, or with small dabs of dimensional magic. 


 
Use a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Game Spinner in pewter colour to embellish and further secure the vellum piece.  The title came from the Spring Market Alpha Sticker Sheet and glazed with dimensional magic...gotta love that stuff!   


Finally, the daisy chain/ring of roses was created using Tracy’s new and simply divine little roses in black, red and light brown.  
 I initially tried a daisy chain look but intertwining all the wires but being the painful perfectionist I am I couldn’t get them all to sit properly.   
Soooo, I cut the wires off right at the base of each flower, stuck them around the circle with a hot glue gun (dimensional magic or wet glue would also work), then stitched in the circle with green thread.




I made this card using the Vellum Paper from Webster’s Pages Spring Market, some cream cardstock, Spring Market Alpha Stickers (little hint...the strip across the bottom of the card when you open the flap which reads ‘your life...beautiful’ is actually from the border of the alpha sticker sheet!   



There are some self adhesive bits and pieces around the edges...check it out!), one of Tracy’s gorgeous Mocha coloured mini gardenias, silver round pendant charm, some rhinestones which were stuck in place by using a dollop of the Ranger Liquid Pearls - Bisque as an adhesive.  Place the rhinestone into the wet liquid pearl and press down lightly, the pearls will squish out the sides and gives a really lovely effect under the rhinestone when dry.   

Other stuff I did was spritz the gardenia with clear Glimmer Mist, inked around the vellum cut out with brown ink and the ink blending tool, punched out a few butterflies using two different sized punches and the left over vellum paper, then added an outline in brown pen and glazed the title and a few of the leaves with Dimensional magic.



 

TFL

Keonie 




Hi there Lisa aka Moonie here 

 
Got sooo many beautiful scraps like me…


Well here is a great idea as to what to do with them.  I have made these gorgeous wee cards.  I have now made about 50 of them.  I have got them in sets of 6 using the same collection per set.  They are simple and easy to make..Not sure if they are quick as I still set there and pull my hair out as to what to do !! LOL what a joke.





With this set of 6 I have used some of my left over scraps from the gorgeous Websters Pages Ladies and Gents collection.  I have used a couple of Martha Stewart punches, the bird and the butterflies and the scallop circles I have used my Cuttlebug and nestabilities.    Just a bit of thread, ink up the edges, add a few super cute charms of course and off you go.  

So what are you waiting for.  Send a 6 pack off to your favourite person as a wee gift. They are so adorable and as we know we all appreciate MADE WITH LOVE items instead of bought from the stupid markets.
That’s it for me right now.  I hope you are all keeping rugged up and warm.. Such cuddly weather right now
Lisa 

2 comments:

Mel said...

Oh wow, first time I have managed to get here with blogger being unfriendly, lol but wow the layout is gorgeous Kayomi and the cards just beautiful Lisa. So much eye candy here. Melx

Moonie said...

Yes Keonie... your layout is stunning.. Love how you have sewn the circle and then added the rosettes.. very very feminine.. love your photo too... glamor plus x