Thursday, May 12, 2011

Playing with Websters Pages

Explore
by Corrina

Hi Everyone!

I decided to set myself a challenge this month...as if finding time to scrap isn’t challenging enough at the moment!
Anyway, I thought “why not try a monochromatic layout...?”

Monochromatic layouts is just a fancy way of saying layouts that stick to one colour theme, and really are not as daunting as you may think.

The hardest thing is picking your colour.

The easiest way to do this is to look carefully at your photo for a strong or prominent colour to either tone with or highlight.

This beach picture of my son and one of our dogs really needed a soft beach colour, so for this layout, I went with a soft sea aqua with white theme.

The papers I used are Echo Park and Websters


I used the soft aqua side of the Echo Park Little Boy Strawberry & Sky paper and roughly sanded it with sandpaper. I encouraged the paper to peel back a bit. I layered this with a 6 inch sheet of paper from the Websters 6 x 6 inch paper pad. The dotty paper is the back of the Echo Park Little Boy Journalling Cards.

I machine stitched around the photo and stitched the Blue velvet ric rac to the layout, then added the embellishment cluster to the right hand side.

The cog was cut from chipboard using a Tim Holtz sizzix die, then painted with white paint. I inked a My 2 Angels time piece with aqua ink then coated with Tim Holtz rock candy.

I cut a journalling square from the Echo Park Little Boy Journalling Cards paper, and machine stitched with a zig zag around it to add texture.
The word ‘forever’ was added using Adorn It lettering.

Now I really REALLY wanted a love heart for this, but the only one I had was one of our my2angels engraved with Love felt hearts in bright barbie pink! So I altered it using white paint and then aqua ink to make it fit my colour scheme. (Don’t be afraid to alter your embellishments!!!)
The final touch was one our new acrylic silver flowers.

For the title I used American Crafts I Do Emerald flocked hay alphas that were originally a sandy yellow colour until I attacked them with white paint and modelling paste.
(as I said, don’t be afraid to make things fit your colour scheme!)
I finished it off with one of our little boy with caps silver charms.

Materials Used:

Products Used aqua ink, Tim Holtz rock candy, white acrylic paint, modelling paste.

Hope you liked it!!
C x



Tube vase
by Geli

Last time I got some more baker's twine some of them came rolled onto cardstock tubes. In my mind I right away though of using them for something cool.

So I made a little tube vase for the side of my kitchen cupboard, which is a drab grey (yuck).



I used some of the leftover Trendsetter's papers to cover each tube (you could cut up a paper towel roll too) and tied them together with some twine and a generous amount of Pritt glue .




Once dry I added a Cabochon flower , a key charm , a tag charm , a banner with another Webster sticker, a butterfly from the Trendsetters Leaders paper and a felt heart .




Check it out, you got 4 of those lovely felt hearts for free with your order last month!

My grey kitchen wall looks a lot more cheery now.
You could also put a glass test tube in each of those and put some real flowers in.

Geli :)

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Awesome creations girls.. loving all the techniques used!! :)

Kim said...

Oh that blue layout i sjust lovley and how clever i s Geli....it ROCKS!!!

Moonie said...

yes I agree with Cathy and Kim... haha Cath and Kim...:-)
Your layout is gorgeous Corrina... I love how you have used the rik rak.. it always looks great on pages.. And yes what a great idea you have come up with Geli.... very cute indeed.

Unknown said...

wow stunning creations ladies ;)

i love the monocharmatic layout ;)