Thursday, September 18, 2014

Charmed Life, Exploding Box Card.

Hi Everyone, Jen here!!

I thought I'd jump on the exploding box bandwagon!  AND since Tracy has the most gorgeous Charmed Life Kits - I thought I'd combine the two :)  Cameron turns 14 in October so I'm getting in nice and early!!  I love the Charmed life colour kits as they're so versatile! I could have just as easily made the blue kit into a "Frozen" themed Exploding Box Card!

I started with Tracy's Charmed Life Blue kit.  Since it has 4 x 2x3" cards - that was my side panels half done for me! I cut 2 of the 4x6" cards in half to create another 4 side panels and then had to decide which 4 for the outside and which 4 for the inside!! I then chose a few stamps, a couple of relevant charms and a "14" in chipboard (which I 'painted' with aquamarine Inka Gold), and die cut "Happy Birthday" from some matching dark blue cardstock.

I decorated a couple of the cards with the extra charms, stamped my greetings, wrote my message, and stuck my '14' on :).  I created a template for the box and for the lid and then cut them from white cardstock.  I distressed the edges and inked them with midnight blue stazon ink.

For the lid 'card' I cut one of the remaining 4x6 Charmed Life cards down to fit and stamped "Happy Birthday" then I added the blue bead charm.

I adhered all the cards to the box base and lid with double sided tape and put a plain dark blue square on the inside centre base.  For the 'gift' I've included 14 columbines and a rolled up $100 note in the blue bag - but shhh don't tell him!!

Closed Box...

Project Life Scrapbooking

 Take the lid off and...

Project Life Scrapbooking

This is the lid with all the 'outside' of the box...

Project Life Scrapbooking

I do hope you like Cameron's Charmed Exploding Box card, they're super easy to make as Tracy does most of the hard work for you before you even buy the Charmed Life Kit!
And they're so very effective!


No comments: