Monday, November 4, 2013

Pretty in Pink Shadow Box

I have these shadow boxes here that a friend has been making up for me and looking at them gave me ideas - so I decided to have a play with my Kaisercraft Damask Template ...

 

some texture paste, 
a bit of Distress Paint and Distress Stain

  *Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stain GATHERED TWIGS Ranger TDW36135

and just for some fun .. a little Inka Gold.



Woo hooo - this is the gorgeous result I got from throwing all that together. Isn't it beautiful???


 First, I covered the base with muslin and pink tulle.

Then I cut our White Scalloped Felt Frame to fit a 5x7 photo would fit - leaving me space to  embellish with lots of flowers and charms
 to hide the "cut" corners.


Now I was ready to apply a coat of  Gloss Claudine Hellmuth and then go crazy with Glimmer Mists.

 Here it is before I applied any mediums ...


... and here it is afterwards, it all its glory!

 


All that shabbilicious goodness - how awesomely feminine is this?


The frames are made to order and fit a 12x12 layout perfectly inside ... if you would like to preorder one or two please let me know


They are $20.00 with a removable back so you can swap and change layouts on display when you want ... fab idea for a Christmas present




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for 12x12 shadow boxes ever since I started scrapping some years ago and these sound like they are just the perfect box with their removable backs as well. I am off to my2Angels tomorrow to check them out.