Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Kaisercraft Garage Days

If you have been waiting for a masculine collection then it's time to pick up your tools and get to work.  Garage days is here and has more tyres, cards, tools and grease than your local mechanics.  Roll up your sleeves and get the job done with this wonderful male collection available here 




and check out these great new texture stamps and label pulls (available in brass and silver)  from Kaisercraft, also in the new arrivals section




Hi Michele here,
 
Kaisercraft have another awesome ''masculine'' collection coming soon - ''Garage Days'' - and I was lucky enough to get my hands on some to preview for you! Trust me, you will be buying this one to scrap your boys :)

My DS and his partner have been in Europe for the last three weeks or so, and thanks to Facebook we have been able to follow some of their adventures through their photos. My layout is based around photos they took and posted in Croatia (I think!) in some kind of weird looking car. How amazing is social media - before they are even home I have scrapped some of their photos. LOL!! For the same reason though I have no title for this layout yet...that will have to wait until I've heard their story :)


Because the Kaisercraft papers are not as robust as some others, I started with a sheet of cardstock - and left just a thin border around my layout. The main paper is a sheet of Tool Box, distressed around all the edges. Around about the centre of the page and on a slight angle I stuck a wide strip of Gas Tank. I've also added a bit of Pumice Stone Distress Ink to dirty the edges a little bit. 
Using a Twiddleybitz Narrow Arrow Template and white Gesso I added a chevron pattern to the top and bottom corners. When it was dry I used Peacock Feathers Distress Stain with a paint brush to add some splashes and drips of extra colour. A line of cars from the 12'' Sticker Sheet, travelling up the hill, draws your eye away from the edge of the page back to the centre.

There are three layers of paper under the photos. The first two, a contrasting orange/red and a shiny metallic silver grid pattern, are from the 6.5'' Paper Pad. I've punched the edge of the silver paper with a film strip punch and saved the punched out pieces to add to my banner later. The third layer is from the 'Oil Change' paper - a stitched blue denim.


Embellishing this one was a different experience for me...have you noticed there are NO flowers at all! Not even a rosette?? For the most part I used bits and pieces from the Collections pack - the ones that didn't refer to Fathers and Dads. One of my 'Gas' signs is cut from a piece of pp though - the 'Spare Parts' page is full of signs that can be used as embellishments. I punched a hole in the top of the larger one and added a Buggy Car charm on a silver jump ring.

The 6.5'' Paper Pad is also a great source for these. It has perforated cut-outs on the back four or five pages. My two small denim tags are examples of these, one of which is for journalling and can be pulled out from behind the Tyre Shop sign by it's Ball Chain.


I also used several pieces of the Ball Chain, all linked together, to string my number plate banner across the bottom of the photos. I cut the number plates out of the 'Tyre Shop' paper and threaded them on together with those left over punched metallic pieces. The pieces are all popped up on little pieces of Foam Mounting tape. At the end of the chain are two Boys with Caps silver charms on silver jump rings.

Other embellishments are a small torn piece of  the new Aqua Filmstrip printed tape along the bottom edge of the page, and five Water Bubble Cabochons which were perfect for this page.


Stop Press: The travellers are home today and tell me that this Buggy Safari was in Korcula, Croatia and was awesome fun. DS has a few souvenirs of the day that I will add to the layout - tickets and a few small coins. With some journalling on the pull-out tag at the top and a title (there is an alphabet included on the 12'' Sticker Sheet) it will be complete.

Get yourself some ''Garage Days'' as soon as you can - you wont regret it!
Michele xxx








No comments: