Sunday, June 23, 2013

Scrapping in Blue

Scrapping with blue hues is something I don't often do. Exactly why I struggle with blue I don't know, it's not like I don't like the colour itself, but after seeing the delicious colour of the Steel Blue Inka Gold & Colbalt Blue Inka Gold, how could I not scrap in blue??

Using a coffee tin (thanks Mazz for the 5 tins I am currently embellishing) I used my finger to cover it with Viva Decor Inka Gold Steel Blue.
Then I used a Twiddleybitz Key Template to randomly cover it with Viva Decor Inka Gold Silver.


 and added some key charms in randomly areas

I then took a scrap piece of acetate and cut out the shape of a large key. It doesn't have to be perfect, just enough so that you have an outline to use as a base for your construction. Using a hot glue gun, I glued down old keys and key charms on to the acetate in several layers (don't worry if you can see the hot glue or the acetate at this point).  

Paint over it all with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium Gloss.   

Once dry, I then painted it with Black Soot Distress Paint (I took the lid off and used a paint brush so I could get into the corners and hidden bits in the layers).

Next, using my Emboss It Dabber, I embossed over my keys with Stampendous Aged Silver and zapped it with my heat gun.

LEAVE TO COOL DOWN and handle with care - the metal gets HOT!

The next step was to put some scrap, grey and black fabric in the middle of the front of the tin and glue down my "cool" key pile on top.

and ta da 

Next a layout.

Starting with a piece of snowflake coordination cardstock, I smooshed Faded Jeans Distress Stain and Salty Ocean Distress Stain to my non stick mat and dragged the cardstock through it. Then I spritzed it with water to get that cool water stain look.  

Once dry, I sprayed some Perfect Pearls Mist in random areas (keeping in mind that my photo and layers will be taking up a lot of room - I concentrated more on the outside areas).

Then I stamped with Midnight Blue Stazon Ink and an Kaisercraft Alphabet Stamp to represent the positions on the Netball team eg (GS goal shoot, C Centre etc)

with the circles representing the netball. I created these using the Crafters Workshop Punchinella -  appling Viva Gold Silver with my fingers to the punchinella circles.


How cool does this look??

Next, I used my ink blending tool on random areas, adding Rusty Hinge Distress Ink together with spritzes of water.

I cut up 2 strips of snowflake coordination cardstock measuring 5cm in width and various lengths trimmed down.  One I inked the edges with Midnight Blue Stazon Ink

the other was inked with Faded Jeans Distress Ink using my Ink Blending Tool and spritzing with water.

With yet another strip of snowflake coordination cardstock measuring 5cm in width I put it through my cuttlebug with the Craft Concepts 5th Avenue Glam Ossie Dots (NOTE: the clever people at Craft Concepts now have a 50mm wide slot feather on their folders which allows you to create long continuous strips!) then covered it by ink blending with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink

Place strips down onto cardstock

Next I cut a mount for your photo from snowflake coordination cardstock leaving a very small border which I inked with Midnight Blue Stazon Ink
and mounted with foam tape bringing my photo to the front so it stands out

Added a piece of Midnight Blue Bakers Twine and
created a splat with Faded Jeans Distress Stain at the top of the long strip cardstock

Coloured one of our Netball Pins with Salty Ocean Distress Stain

cut from snowflake coordination cardstock  a sizzix on the edge file tab and using my dymo to record the team score

and so now I have this


One netball layout of this season done!  So many more to scrap!

No comments: