Thursday, June 20, 2013

New Design Team Angel to join the team

We thought it was about time we made Jen a permanent DT Angel, since she often pops in when I need purple creations and something quick (she works conveniently 2 streets away from us and not so convienent for her and her bank balance lol)

So please Welcome Jen to the my2angels DT :)


Hi! I'm Jennifer, a Mum of three - 2 'typical' boys and 1 gorgeous girl. 
 I have been stamping and scrapbooking in some form or another for over 20years! I love to create, and inspire others, sharing my craft through my blog, facebook, industry magazines, shows, design teams, and teaching from my studio on the Gold Coast. 
I relish the challenge of Off The Page projects, love the story and emotion behind layouts and cannot resist making cards and ATC's (artist trading cards). 
 I get bored very easily so my projects tend to vary wildly in style and colour (although I'm a purple freak!), and I love that this means I am constantly trying new things!  (I can't wait to get all painty with the Distress Paints and Ferro etc!!)

www.jennihodge.blogspot.com







A quick fun card for a young boy...


 Easy Peasy panels of patterned paper from the 6 1/2" paper pad, add some collectibles adhered with foam tape... I also added a bottle cap  to draw the eye as it's the only other texture on the card :-)


Ingredients:
Twiddleybitz - square card and envelope, white
Kaiser - Blast Off 6 1/2 inch paper pad from My2Angels
Kaiser - Blast Off Collectables from My2Angels

 

 

Cherish... pop-up card

I love interactive cards!  I made my own pop-up card using the new Kaiser Papers - True Romance and Twiddleybitz 13 x 13 White card.
I also used the 6" paper pad and the collectables.




It's so much easier to 'fussy cut' with the collectables instead of doing it by hand!!  With a bit of inking using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink


A few slits here and there and hey presto - you have a pop-up card.




Thanks for stopping by!  If you've created a pop-up card recently, I'd love to see it - pop a link in the comments below and I'll come and visit!!  If you haven't - get cracking!

Jen :-)

No comments: