Saturday, June 1, 2013

New Kaisercraft Arrivals

New Kaisercraft Arrivals

These new collections from Kaisercraft are just the ticket to get my mojo back....

True Romance 

Get Romantic with this danty sweet with this love inspired collection.  True Romance is dreamy and light with soft colours







Miss Empire

 This collection incorporates mechanical  and industrial elements coupled with a madam and heritage inspired feel








and Blast Off!

3...2..1... Blast off! into scrapping with this cute "outer space" inspired range.  Vibrant colours jump off the page with cute alien planets and various other space related designs



 










Hi Ladies!

Michele here with a look at Kaisercraft's new Miss Empire Collection
I really like this one - the rich orange, mustard and brown colour palette (with teal green accents) is great for scrapping the boys as well as the girls, and the steam punk mix of roses, cogs, gears, machines and calculations means that you can tailor your layout to suit either.

For this layout I have taken advantage of the flowers and scrapped the girls, my DD and her friend dancing in a ballet school production of ''La Fille Mal Gardee'', a farmyard ballet in which they were two very cute hens.



I went pretty much back to basics with this layout...no sprays, mediums or complicated backgrounds, just a few simple techniques. Most of these double sided papers seem to have a masculine side and a feminine side, for example my Damask patterned base paper, 'Realm' has a teal green reverse with grungy cog pattern on it, and my next layer, 'Regent' has a reverse totally covered in roses.

 I punched two edges of this one with a simple scallop punch to soften the look just a little bit and to draw your eye to the corner where everything is going on. I also inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
 The fussy cut frame with the swag of roses underneath and the paper it is sitting on are a part of one sheet of paper called 'Steampunk'. 

After I had cut out the frame I still loved the left over paper with it's grungy orange edges so decided to use it as a mat. I popped the frame up on dimensional tape so that my photo becomes the focus in a busy background.

Never being able to leave a plain background paper totally alone, I added a little bit of stamping. I used a small script stamp from my large collection of script stamps (*sigh* can you ever have enough script stamps?) and Kaisercrafts Botanical Clear Stamp with Emboss It Ink then embossed with gold.


Chipboard Tweeny Cogs and a Steam Punk Light Bulb from Twiddleybitz were also gold embossed and to continue the Steam punk theme I have added small cogs, gears and roses, and a larger oval element from the Miss Empire Die Cuts Collections pack. 

The lady on the right hand side of the frame, the tiny butterfly and some of the smaller fussy cut roses are from the 12 x 12 Sticker Sheet. 


Adding a very special touch underneath the photo is a my2angels Precious Memories Banner. This one is Rustic Brown. You can just see the shimmer of gold on this banner - it so perfectly matches these papers! So that it stands out nicely from the cluster of roses underneath it I made a chipboard secondary banner using some scraps of dark brown 'Dynasty' to offset it.


The matching button with it's dangling bird charm is in the top corner of the page along with another tag and label from the Collections pack, roses that were fussy cut from the 12 x 12 Sticker sheet, and a couple of cogs.
As you can see there are also lots of other flowers. Tiny Tangarine, Cream and Red roses, Tangarine Rose Buds, Tangarine Cherry Blossoms and a few Bronze oddments I had left over from Finn's classes. 



To finish off I have added some yellow rhinestones from my stash to the Precious Memories Banner, and scattered a few clear glass Cabochons in various sizes.

You'll enjoy Miss Empire - both for scrapping the girls and the boys...make sure you get to the store before I go back for more ;)

Michele

No comments: