Monday, October 8, 2012

UFO's with Geli

I bet you too have UFOs in your house. They are the UnFinished Objects in everyone's craft pile. This week I managed to actually finish a few of them. These are all based on diverse class layouts I had started during my class and they were left to rot in the UFO pile. I thought it might cheer your crafty little soul to see them finished.
"Our Wedding"
 
This one is the cover page of my sister-in-laws wedding album. By then I had used up all the photos, but ended up with an uneven number of pages. A bit of planning would have been useful, but now it's a photo-less page. And why not?
Clever chicks will see that it's based on the resist technique I had in this month's issue of Scrapbooking Memories (and that means you'll have to get the mag, I can't share it here)
To make the flower center I glued a glass cabochon on some pretty Prima Songbird paper with Glossy Accents (Dimensional Magic works too), let it dry...
 
...cut it out and glued it on a round silver filigree and then on a flower
 
Once that was on the page I added a charming bouquet and a charming pin with some gold stamens
 
I used the Sew Easy tool with the "love" design for the stitched circle
 

 A sprinkling of pearl Mica fragments gives the title a bit of shimmer. It's hard to capture in a photo, but it looks like mother-of-pearl. Very pretty.
 
"Fantabulous"
This one had likely grown roots in the UFO pile, it's been there so long. It's based on an iris-folding technique we did in class and this one needed some TLC to come to life. 
 I thought some pretty flowers to pep it up and I had a rolled satin flower in my stash, but the black gardenia and the grey rose were just the contrast I needed. 
 
 
 Honestly that's not the colours I would normally reach for, but look how nice they are. I added a little glimmer mist to the black one, by the way, and a couple of brown mini leaves. And lastly, there is a cute baby foot charm (painted bronze):
 
"Flower children"
You'll have to take my word for it, that's what the title means. This page is for my parent's yearly album they're getting for Christmas. Thankfully they're not blog junkies, so the secret should be safe. This one is based on the "Our Street" layout I taught recently:
For this version I used the giant white mulberry flower too (this time tugged under) and a cluster of a cherry blossom 
white orchid 
  and a pink rose bud on a  silver filigree wrap
 
 
I hope this inspires you to dig out some of your own UFOs and finish them! 
Geli

No comments: