Thursday, October 25, 2012

New in Store ... Kaisercraft Pickled Pear

New in Store

Kaisercraft Pickled Pear

New Kaisercraft Pickled Pear is in store now ... it's a gorgeous collection filled with colours of nature, butterflies and botanical patterns with great wood panels and vintage cameras for the boys
PS check out the die cut papers LOVE these!  You can them in the new arrivals section here


Hello....it's Michele here again, this time with a summery seaside layout using Kaisercraft's soon to be released, Pickled Pear Collection. I just know these papers are going to be a big favourite....they're super versatile!

At first, when I was flipping through the pages, I thought that they would be perfect for vintage photos (and they will!)...there are butterflies, old fashioned cameras, gramaphones, lace, ephemera, a scattering of old advertising, and flowers...all put together on muted blue, green and cream with a scattering of olive green, black and white. The Collectables pack is stacked with over 50 diverse die cut pieces. Very generous!

BUT in the end, October is all about the beach at my2angels so here is what I ended up with:


I started with a piece of 'Willow', a gorgeous white shabby board patterned paper, cut it down to 11''x11'', distressed the edges and inked lightly with Weathered Wood Distress Ink. I used a bubble wrap stamp to randomly add some blue 'bubbles', also using Weathered Wood. Down in the bottom corner I stamped some shells using Antique Linen Distress Ink and clear embossed with Zing! Clear Embossing Powder. I also added a few pieces of white plasterer's mesh - the edges are visible under the embellishments.

To this I added a piece of pale yellow 'Chartreuse' onto which I stamped the same 'bubbles', this time using a Brilliance White ink, and a smaller piece of pretty blue 'Quince'. Both of these papers actually have a light all-over pattern on them already, the yellow has white butterflies and the blue has a paler blue floral, but these are not visible on my layout and the colours are perfect for that washed out beachy look I was looking for. The distressed edges also add to that look so I also sanded the edges of the photo using an emery board and added it to the top.



Because I wanted my layers to have other things tucked into and around them I attached them to each other using a strip of double sided tape in the centre only. The edges are free to curl up a bit and add dimension to the layout.

At the top of the photo on the left I tucked in two Bingo cards. The first, under both layers of patterned paper, is cut from 'Olive', one of those papers that have about a dozen gorgeous cut-able elements on one side, while the second, which is between the two paper layers, is from a set of Mini Beach Bingo cards I had in my stash from Jenni Bowlin

The extra embellishments, all from my2angels are a piece of White Fishing Net, a Dried Starfish, a small Blue Crackle Glass Bead, two 10mm Glass Cabochons and a 16mm Glass Cabochon, stuck with Glossy Accents over a number '2' sticker from the Pickled Pear '12x12 Sticker Sheet'.


Also tucked in at the top are two black banners - 'Memories' & 'You And Me' from the 'Pickled Pear Collectablespack and a fish I cut from 'Olive'. I thought the fish was cute, and it reminds me that even at that age DS was swimming like a little fish.



Right up at the top of the layout there is another small cluster of embellishments over a small piece of frayed muslin. 

A black 'Remember When' and two 'Admit One' tickets are stacked up under a White Cherry Blossom with a 16mm Glass Cabochon over a 'Happy H' circle from the 'Pickled Pear Collectables' pack. Surrounding them are another two Blue Crackle Glass Beads and a Brown Crackle Glass Bead, a smaller 10mm Glass Cabochon and a Seashell Charm, the shine bleached out a bit by painting with white gesso and rubbing some of the paint away again.



The main cluster of embellishments is at the bottom of the page. Two more tickets from the 'Collectables Pack' are tucked under the blue photo mat.

Before doing any further embellishing I ran a piece of double sided tape along the bottom of the yellow paper layer and dropped a piece of muslin onto it. I scrunched it up a little, frayed the edges a lot, and it forms the base for everything else. Over the top of that is a piece of knotted and frayed rafia, and a bit further along the page there is another roughly cut piece of White Fishing Net. I painted a chipboard leaf/branch from my stash with white gesso and then inked with Weathered Wood Distress Stain, covered three more circles from the Collectables Pack - 'Love L', 'Happy H' and 'You & Me' - with 16mm Glass Cabochons and scattered around another 16mm Glass Cabochon, several  10mm Glass Cabochons and some more Blue & Brown Crackle Glass Beads.

Also in there is another bleached Seashell Charm and a Starfish Charm again painted with gesso and rubbed back. The two shells in there are actually real shells. LOL! and there is another Dried Starfish.
Finally, the flowers at the bottom are White and Yellow Gardenias and White Cherry Blossoms.

So maybe a vintage layout or card with Pickled Pear NEXT time.... :)

Michele













No comments: