Saturday, October 13, 2012

Twiddleybitz or not? And printing on Calico


Have you seen what Jennifer Hodge has been creating over at her blog ... Jen is a DT for Twiddleybitz and as you know our DT Ngaire is also on the team ... so we are looking into stocking Twiddleybitz at my2angels but due to lack of space we won't get stock everything but we need your feedback
Tell us what you want so we can start stocking Twiddleybitz

And here is what Jen has been creating combining my2angels products and Twiddleybitz


May The Joy of Christmas

I've finally started my Christmas Cards!!  This is really a simple, quick and easy adaptation from the basic step card - I made the side step 5cm in, and only on one side.  This left room for the beautiful Twidddleybitz Doily Frame to hold my greeting,
and the Christmas tree on the inside step.



I love the way the charms and silver rhinestones add that touch of movement to the card and really draw the eye.  I adapted my2angels silver Christmas Baubles and added a Christmas Tree Charm instead of the star (the star is put away for another project)

  • cut and score the cardstock
  • cut the 3 panels of patterned paper
  • ink all edges for the card and the patterned paper
  • colour the chippy pieces and set aside to dry
  • colour the ribbon and bow with the same green used to colour the tree (distress stains)
  • attach all patterned paper to the card
  • stamp the greeting using Black Stazon Ink
  • add the Silver Christmas Baubles to the doily
  • add the ribbon to the card
  • attach the chipboard tree and doily to the card - add the present charm
  • add the ribbon bow to where the Silver Christmas Charming Chain is attached
  • Add some bling to your card and you're done!!

Ingredients:
Twiddleybitz - Shimmer Cardstock
Twiddleybitz - Christmas Tree
Kaisercraft  December 25th
my2angels Present Charm
Miscellaneous Ribbons

 AND

Happy Birthday 2 you

Another Centre Step Card (can't seem to get enough of them at the moment!) - but a masculine one this time!!  I used the gorgeous Sears n Son papers and teamed them with the awesome small hot air balloon from Twiddleybitz and 'accessories' from my2angels ...


And of course - a close up for you of the gorgeous items from Tracy at my2angels, 

  • This time I started with a pre-cut and folded card from Twiddleybitz!!
  • Scored and cut the card
  • Cut the patterned paper
  • I inked all card, and paper edges and the 2, y, o, u, with Black Stazon Ink
  • Stamped "Happy birthday" on the bottom horizontal panel - also in Black Stazon Ink
  • Used alcohol ink to colour the white bow and flowers
  • Used a number of coloured distress stains to colour the hot air balloon
  • Added the gold paint around the edge of the balloon and y, o, u
  • Adhered all paper to card
  • Added the compass charm and bow
  • Adhered the hot air balloon, 2, and y, o, u
  • Adhered the head of the brad and the 'love' charm
  • Lastly I fed the stalks of the roses through the centre of the brass flower and adhered all to card
Those Paper measurements again (cm):
1 x 2.5x14
2 x 2.5x6.5
1 x 7x8


I hope you like my take on Masculine LOL!!  I needed a card for that wonderful man in my life and didn't think pastels, flowers, and birds would cut it!!

Ingredients:
Twiddleybitz Pre-cut card and envelope - C6 Kraft colour
Twiddleybitz Small Hot Air Balloon (BAL002)
Twiddleybitz 2 (TAB002)
Twiddleybitz Alphabet - square
Kaisercraft Sears & Son Moustache Patterned Paper
my2angels White Roses
my2angels Hardware Brads
Ranger Alcohol Ink - Denim; Mountain Rose
Miscellaneous "Happy Birthday" Stamp
I hope you like it - I enjoyed going all 'manly' for once... must do it again soon :-P
Jen
:-)
FOOTNOTE:  As alcohol inks are classed as a Dangerous Good and Australia Post WON'T allow them to be posted hence why we don't stock them, Glimmer Mist can be used to colour the bow and flowers

 AND WHILE WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT OF TWIDDLEYBITZ ... their cards which we were stocking and flew out the door before we could pack the orders will be back in stock by 22nd October

and now for some another UFO from Geli which a great tut at the end


Another UFO is no longer an unfinished object. I recently did this layout "Stop and smell the roses" in class

(the original layout)
I knew I wanted to do a cowboy & Indian version of this page:
 
(my cowbow version)
 
If you grew up in Germany and you didn't spend the last 50 years under a rock, you know who these fellows are. Winnetou and Old Shatterhand by Karl May are absolute cult figures of the Wild West and if you don't know them, you have truly missed out on something awesome. As kids we used to watch the movies many times and play cowboys and Indians for hours.

My cowboy version still has the feathers... 
 
 
 ...but these cool charms from my2angels were just what the doctor ordered to give it some Wild West charm. Here's a cowboy hat and lantern... 
 
 
 
...and a gun charm
 
 
 Of course I have no photos of our childhood games, so I found a photo of the movie heroes online. I knew the photo needed something to give it the Wild West look and I decided to print it on calico
 
 
Now, I didn't re-invent the wheel, I'm sure someone has shown how to do this before, but this is quick and easy and looks oh-so-cool!

Step 1: 
Make a little pencil arrow on the top sheet of paper in your home printer's tray to show which side is up and in which direction it goes through the printer. (Sounds dumb, but will make your life so much easier in step 3) 
Print the photo in the size of your choice on plain copy paper. Bigger is better, mine was 5x7".
 
  Step 2:
Got a good image? Now cover it with a piece of calico that's at least  1" bigger all round and tape it down with packing or masking tape on top of the picture. Make sure none of the tape covers the area of the picture.
 
Tip: If the calico it crinkled, iron it first!

 Step 3: 
Put the paper back in the paper tray (Use the arrow from step 1 to show you which way! Mine was up-side down) and press print again. Your picture will come out perfectly printed on calico. 
 

Now trim and fray the edges, sew it onto your layout and you're on your way to be a good cowboy. Yee-haw.

Psst: This is also great for giving photos a vintage look!
 
GELI
 

1 comment:

RobynLouise said...

I must try this calico printing with an old sepia photo I have of the house. I've already taken a photo of the photo so the original isn't damaged. Thanks so much for the idea.