Friday, February 25, 2011

Back to School Layouts ...

Back to School Layouts

Tracy sent me some The Girls Paperie-Toil & Trouble papers this month and I have to say I love them! The black and white ‘Writing on the Wall’ I used in my last project and this orange and black ‘Ghost Story’ I’ve used for this LO are SO up my alley (the boss knows me well)!

I’ve done a back to school theme ... although as the title suggests my youngest was not as happy as he might have you believe to be going back to school after 7 long weeks off!!!

I used the Echo Park Little Boy Denim Lizard for the background (both sides are fantastic boy colours and I ordered 2 sheets so I still get to use the Denim side too!) The orange papers are the two sides of TGP Toil & Trouble ‘Ghost Story’ (love the orange and white gingham pattern!) The little pieces of green paper are some leftovers I had of TGP Toil & Trouble Writing on the Wall.

My photo has been matted on Core’dinations Nightfall Cardstock and I also used it for my journaling circle and as a background for my title. The title uses AC Thickers Black Daiquiri (my favourite ‘go to’ alpha!) and a Rusty Pickle alpha that unfortunately is no longer available L.

The green oval ‘words’ are cut from a piece of Prima So Cute Growing. Thanks for looking!

Other: Space Invaders Tape & Dymo labeller.



and from me Tracy

Using the pretty Websters Pages Sweet Season Frosting I cut the lady out in frame for my photo

I just wanted something nice and simple .... I know ... no title but everything I added just didn't look right so I left it as it ... might add a small piece of journaling up the top later



I love these kraft border strips which I just added some light blue rhinestones then adhered on top of a piece of scrapware picket fence border which I just inked with Antique Linen

Added our new cute boy with cap charm and our little girl charm

Brown Stemmed flowers, brown gardenias and our new brown and gold blank pins for the date

Up the top using our new white tassels





and don't forget we have the First Day in ... and School Back pack pins available in Blue, Green and Red for a unique embellishment for your school creations



TFL

Hope you have a creative weekend everyone





3 comments:

amanda73 said...

love both those layouts,just gorgeous

Moonie said...

gorgeous layouts girls... love the pins and the tassel looks great Tracy..

Kim said...

hey those pins look fab!! thanks for the inspiration for back to school I am planning on doing Addison's first day at kindy on the weekend!