Saturday, September 25, 2010

More Boys creations to share ...



Wonderful boys inspiration from the DT to share with you this weekend

First up

From Taryn with ....

Just Chillin



Do you like my mini banner??
I just hand cut the little pieces of paper, and then curled them up and inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The heat set studs set it off beautifully, and how cute is the little boy cap charm at the end?



From Corrina with ...

My Guys ...

I love this photo of my husband and son together. I took this photo on Mothers Day 2007 with my new camera and it is still one of my faves.



For this layout I used the fantastic new Fancy Pants paper range Fancy Pants Like Father Like Son, and the co-ordinating element stickers.

The background is the Be Strong paper, and I have layered this with a piece of the reverse side of this paper as well, and a piece of the reverse side of Little Tike.

I machine stitched around all the pieces of pattern paper, as well as the background paper to enhance to printed stitch pattern in the papers.

I added layers of stickers from the element stickers, which I mounted onto cardstock, cut around and layered with foam tape.


Materials Used:
Pattern Papers: Fancy Pants Like Father Like Son - Be Strong paper (I used 2 pieces), Little Tike

Embellishments - Fancy Pants Like Father Like Son element stickers



From Wendy ...

Carnival ...

Carrying on with the boys at play theme this month, I captured my little one at the school carnival last week! I love this school event and of course LOVE taking multiple photos!!!

This was the team leader ball event, note the red hair especially for the day!! It was a beautiful day, windy, but sunny and warm with blue skies! So seeing as I have a huge love of clouds, I took a picture of them and added it to my layout.

Using more of the Fancy Pants Like Father Like Son papers mixed with a leftover piece of October Afternoon Fly a Kite Fireflies and some cardinal core dinations and olive core dinations I came up with this.


After cutting out the photos I wanted to use I set about making a ‘jigsaw’ with my papers and laid them on the FP Stud Muffin paper.

When I was happy with the layout I paper pierced some holes and used some rub on stitching, but this could have been done using a gel pen or real stitching.

The title is Thickers Daiquiri and Jenni Bowlin Tiny Circle Alphas in Black & Red.




I’ve then embellished with a my2angels House Charm, a Red Mulberry Flower and Plaid Brad. The bee and heart are handmade embellies from my stash, but any button shape would work here and so would a my2angels bee charm


Have a fantastic weekend everyone
I am off to get my DS from Camp - yah - its been a long week but oh so quiet with less fights to referee LOL!

6 comments:

amanda73 said...

wow, lovin all these, just awesome, thanks for the inspiration

Shirley-Anne said...

What stunning pages .Love your embellishments .Love your hand made banner too.

Kim said...

thanks ladies for the inspiration...I need it with my two boys, I love ho wtheyare all so different

Sandra said...

Great layouts ladies. I love each one of these!

Mel said...

Stunning layouts each and everyone, this is one super talented DT. MElxx

Corinne said...

beautiful work ladies!