Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Lots of boys inspiration for you ...

First up from the DTs today is Corrina with ...

Mr Tough Guy Super Hero




It's boys month at my2angels ... and what little boy hasn't dreamt of being a super hero?
My little man dressed himself up and ran around the house doing 'acts of heroism' and 'goodly deeds' all day and I snapped him in full flight (dangerous cargo t-shirt and all...LOL).

The backing cardstock is the reverse side of a piece of Sassafras Lass Monstrosity Take Note, that I machine stitched around the patter to add a little bit more detail.

I layered this with some SEI Happy Days Balloon (green side) and October Afternoon Cherry Hill Egg Basket papers.

The title Mr Tough Guy Superhero is a combination of Sass Lass Apple Jack Glitter Alpha stickers and Like Father Like Son Element Stickers.


I mounted some my2angels Extreme boy ribbon onto some thick chipboard that I painted and inked to add in the necessary superhero words.

The Bam! and Ka-pow words are American Crafts Thickers Jewelry Box black alphas.

I cut around 2 of my photos to be able to squeeze them onto the page without cluttering it up too much.

Materials Used:
Pattern Papers - Sassafras Lass Monstrosity Take Note, SEI Happy Days Balloon, October Afternoon Cherry Hill Egg Basket.
Titles and Journalling - Sassafras Lass Apple Jack Glitter stickers, American Crafts Jewelry Box Thickers
Embellishments and ribbons: Like Father Like Son Element Stickers, my2angels Extreme boy ribbon.



And from Taryn ....

Show us Your Tricks

I decided to go vintage with these cute pics of my Will doing some tricks on his vintage style radio flyer trike...

These vintage papers by graphic45 were perfect for this look, and so was the Scrapware
penny farthing. I have also used Scrapware key and hinge.

This page is loaded with goodies from my2angels... I have used Tattered Angels crepe along the bottom, sprayed with glimmermist, and added some cotton lace over top.

The glimmer glass owl is a cute accent, as is the little boy cap charm, I have used sei buttons for the centres of the black flowers, and also sprayed and inked the Jenni Bowlin mini bingo cards.

Here is a close-up of the penny farthing. To achieve this look, I first sprayed a light coat of mustard seed glimmer mist, inked some of the edges with Walnut stain distress ink, and then stamped a script overtop.


And from me Tracy ...

A clean and easy layout using the boys side of the new Prima So Cute Collection








Still with me and diversing from the boys theme just for a moment ...

Last weekend I got to meet Ange, owner of Scrapware, which was fantastic and as we all know so wonderful to put a real face to the avaitor and emails

Her and her mother brought some items off me on Saturday then texted me later on asking to come back for more shopping - heck yes I said LOL and because I had nothing else to do (yeah right!) I made them both a note pad holder out of the Scrapware Dressing Screens - these are a seriously good buy because you get 6 screens in a pack!



For Ange's one I covered it with Black Soot Distress Crackle Paint and pink ink
Pink Stemmed flowers WHICH ARE ON SALE TILL 23rd September - 5 for 90c
Handmade flower with stamens
and our circle pendant with an angel picture inside



Handmade roses made from our Pink Organza Ribbon on the clip



And for her mum ...

First I inked it brown and while still damp I covered with picket fence distress crackle paint which made the paint go brown.
For the flourish piece up the top I used broken china embossing powder
Blue stemmed flowers
handmade large flower




Our circle pendant with an angel picture inside


Phew I think that's enough for today
Hope we gave you some ideas and are inspired to create with your boys photos
Have a fantastic and safe week






6 comments:

amanda73 said...

wow, lovin all these.... so much gorgeous inspiration here

Samantha Hauzer said...

Wow, so much to look at, and it's all fabulous!!

Mel said...

Oh wow, what a fantastic blog post, I love all those gorgeous scrap pages and Mr Super Hero is just super cute and the papers just divine for this month's theme, I love all the other's too and those little dressing room note holders wow, you are a clever lady Tracy, and I your hand made flowers are just adorable. You are a very crafty lady, but when do you sleep? Melxx

Kim said...

just been looking back atthe older posts and this one...FABULOUS inspiration fo rboys pages...and Tracy...your OTP....well you know i LOVE them

Cathy said...

WOW such stunning work... just gorgeous!!!

Melinda Spinks said...

Tracy, I have to agree with Mel - when do you sleep? Gorgeous projects, and those screens are just 'the bomb'!