Sunday, September 27, 2015

Kaisercraft 6.5" Paper Pads for Card Making

Kaisercraft 6.5'' Paper Pads are absolutely perfect for making cards and tags for any occasion, but especially for Christmas!!

I've used the Silver Bells  paper pad this week to make these pretties....

Handmade Christmas Cards

and and A Touch of Gold to make these....

Handmade Christmas Cards

First the so very pretty, pink, blue and grey 
 Silver Bells -  I used a Kaisercraft Pink Square Card and Envelope and a gorgeous pink and silver foiled paper as the base for this card.  

Handmade Christmas Cards

I fussy cut the baubles from another sheet of paper, and die cut the pine needles from a third. I think the ribbon came with some chocolates last Christmas, but it was perfect for this card, and reflects the colour of the beads in the Silver and Pink Merry Christmas Charming Word embellishment beautifully. The biggest bauble is popped up on dimensional squares, and the smallest is hanging from a line of tiny pink pearls.


Handmade Christmas Cards

Because I like to have something pretty to write on, the insides of my cards are usually decorated as well. This time I cut two baubles from a Stacking Baubles die set (from Shelley's Land of course!). Again the papers are from the Silver Bells 6.5'' Paper Pad, as is the ''Seasons Greetings'' tag. I finished it off with a shiny Silver Christmas Wreath charm.

For my tag, I embraced the blue. The base is an Inkssentials Manilla Tag #8 and is covered on both the front and the back with a blue and silver foiled piece from the Silver Bells 6.5'' Paper Pad.

Handmade Christmas Cards

Up in the top corner is a torn piece of grey/blue paper featuring a music print and some blue baubles. I softened the torn edge with a thin brushing of white gesso. Hanging on pieces of White Pearl Garland, from a grey die cut branch there are some fussy cut blue, grey and pink baubles. To add to the snowy feel of this tag I added some texture paste both top and bottom and also just on the top of the baubles - I just used a paint brush to blob it on. There's also a touch on the top edges of the three tags at the bottom. These are all die cut pieces included with the Paper Pad, and are sitting on a piece of frayed muslin. A triple circle of White Pearl Garland around the Merry & Bright sentiment finishes the tag off. 

Handmade Christmas Cards

The same applies to my tags as to my cards...I have to have somewhere to write. So on the back I have added a small tag and a Silver Double Star charm.

Next, I started on the bolder and more exciting A Touch of Gold. Again, all the papers used are from the 6.5'' Paper Pad. I have used the same paper as a base for the card and a lining for the envelope.

Handmade Christmas Cards

The gold line of gold trees, and the white pine needles are die cut, as is the cute christmas bird. If you look closely you will see that the bird's eyes, his wing and his santa hat are all popped up on dimensional squares, as is the Love, Peace, Joy tag which is included in the Paper Pad. 

Handmade Christmas Cards

The inside of this card has had the same treatment as the first one did, the only difference being that this one has a Gold Christmas Holly charm. It's a very simple card - let's face it, I'm not the best card maker in Scrapland :), but I think the great patterned papers in this paper pad make it look good.

My tag started out being for Christmas, but I think it could be used on a gift for any exciting occassion. The front and back of an Inkssentials Manilla Tag #8 are again covered with papers from the 6.5'' Paper Pad.

Handmade Christmas Cards

I stamped the four balloons on a few different sheets of paper, cut them out, and then used them and several of the included die cut tags to build up some layers, with a tangle of golden yellow cotton between the last two of them. My cute bird is wearing a party hat this time, and I have used Gold Inka Gold to paint on its spots. This was also used to colour the backing filigree of my Black and Silver Celebrate Charming Word. Again I have used dimensional squares to add depth to the tag. Three of the balloons, the tags and the bird (as well as his wing, eyes, beak and hat) are all popped up. For added party bling I have embossed some of the edges using Gold Embossing Powder and added a few Golden Yellow and Clear Rhinestone Dots.

Handmade Christmas Cards

Again, on the back I have included a tag to write a message on.

Enjoy!!

Handmade Christmas Cards

No comments: