Monday, September 21, 2015

Embellishments make every Layout special



Every layout is unique, and what better way to make your layouts special than to use my2angels embellishments.
You can use charms, flowers, Tracy's amazing creativity and your own bits and pieces to make your layouts stand out from the crowd.
My latest layout is for a challenge - the colours and the elements I've used fit the criteria, but the embellishments on my layout wont be the same as anyone else's.

The theme is entertainment, and I'm afraid that I am past the bright lights, loud music and excitement of nightclubs, bars and parties. I much prefer a good book, some music and a cup of tea in my sun room, looking out over my sometimes unruly garden. (Not that I can't be persuaded into a glass of wine or two now and again... LOL!!)


I've used torn up music paper and gesso to mute the background paper and form a base for my added texture. Just white texture paste through the Crafters Workshop Butterfly Collage Template.

 
I wanted to add an edge to grunge up the paper just a little so I used the Kaisercraft Texture stamp - Film Edges, along with Stazon Timber Brown ink and Sky Blue Archival ink for this.

The ''tea'' stains were made with Tea Dye Distress Ink and whatever round bottomed thing was on my desk at the time - I think it was the Texture Paste jar.



The blue ''shadows'' under and around my embellishments and in the corners were brushed on with diluted Sky Blue Archival ink, along with a thin coat of Iridescent Medium which didn't add any colour, but gave the dull ink a pretty shine.

There are three small embellishment clusters, each with its own my2angels addition. Besides the usual beautiful flowers - Baby Blue, Creamy Butter and Brown Cherry Blossoms, small Red Roses and Red Rose buds - there is a Silver Teapot charm coloured with Brown and Gold Inka Gold peeking out from under the flower....


Next, I made the bird embellishment using an Antique Bronze Square Filigree (I cut off the edge to make it round, and a bit smaller and more delicate), and a tiny bird from some patterned paper under a Transparent Glass Cabochon. Absolutely unique :)


Finally, framing another small bird, is a BEAUTIFUL, BRAND NEW my2angels creation. An Antique Bronze Heart with a rose scattered chain attached, finished with a pretty glass bead dangle. I'll be needing this one in all colours! Love it!!


These will sell out FAST - get yours before I get them all.... LOL!





No comments: