Wednesday, February 4, 2015

3 Cards using Kaisercraft Off the Wall

Perfect for cards, Kaiser Off the Wall papers are providing me with lots of options.

I have created three cards, one a little more complicated to make, but lots of fun and very effective, and two very simple to make. 
All three were made with leftover pieces and scraps from four sheets of Off the Wall paper - Loud, Rad, Awesome (I stamped most of the birds on this one) and Tag. I also used some Kaisercraft cardstock in CoconutMarine and Blue Jeans and some scraps of bright green and yellow from my stash.

The first, and most complicated card is a Card in the Box. I saw one of these on Facebook the other day, (shared by Alison xx) and I followed links until I got to this tutorial by Monica Gale. It's a good one - very easy to understand and follow, the measurements given are acurate and the accent is Australian.
You can spend an enormous amount of time clicking from link to link around the web!!


 The large back panel is a great space for writing your message.



What I love most about this card is that it folds down to fit into a standard envelope and is flat and light enough to post at the standard rate!!


I made my own envelope though - just because it looks pretty ;)


My second card is a 21cm x 14cm piece of Coconut cardstock. The toy soldier is from Tim Holtz and he is coloured with the Chameleon pens I got for Christmas. I fear I need a lot more practice to make the blends work better LOL!


The white card behind the frame is embossed using the Sizzix Cracked Texture Fade. The envelope is a standard C6 size.


And finally, the third card is a Twiddleybitz 13cm x 13cm - the black version.
Because I didn't have the silver version in my stash, I coloured my Bronze Compass Charm with
Ice Blue Inca Gold. 



Enough of cards for now....moving on to tags now, and an awesome grungy technique I found while I was clicking around the internet!!




No comments: