Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Felt frame birthday card

It's Tracy's and my birthday (yes, we're twins) and I made her a happy birthday card using lots of her my2angels goodies! 


It all started out with a black felt frame. I covered it with pink felt ribbon (it's on sale!) and trimmed it off at the edges of the black frame. This makes the big frame a little subtler. 
Using some Twinkling H2Os I coloured a piece of white cardstock (you can also use water colours or Gelatos) and did some stamping to darken the edges. 


The bottom corners were decorated with 2 filigree corners. I inked them with Versamark ink and heat embossed them in white to match the card. 


 The filigree butterfly got the same treatment. I used fine embossing powder and only did one coat of embossing to retain the details in the metal. 
Now it was just a matter of adding lots of pink and silver embellies.


 I used:
star flowers (cut apart to go further)
- large button (see a big range of buttons here)
roses 
- a pin (see lots of designs here)


To finish off the card I glued the decorated frame on a folded piece of black cardstock and cut around the outside (leave some of the folded line uncut). I felt a rectangular card would have messed with the groovy shape of the felt frame.


I hope Tracy likes it!
♥♥♥
Geli

No comments: