Sunday, March 16, 2014

Bling Photo Frame

Who doesn't love a little bling in their lives?

This time I am playing with our black rhinestone chain. I've created a decorative photo display to feature a favourite photo of my (part-time) angels.


Start by covering a plastic martini cup with our black rhinestone chain. The bottom of the cup is then covered with black tulle and fibre wool.


Next - fill the cup to the brimful with a random assortment of our blossoms that reflect the colours in your photo. In my case, I have included some silver leaf charms, black gardenias, a large white gardenia, white stemmed flowers, a few hand made pink flowers, a pink heart pin and some feathers. 

 
To finish it all off - one of our Dream Key charms, which I have coloured with Inka Gold, so that it blends in with my colour scheme.


Lastly, design the actual photo frame itself ... I did mine by cutting out a piece of acetate (using my photo as a guide). Then I stamped along the edges of the acetate using Stazon Ink and a few kaisercraft film edges stamp

   Next time I might use the Kaisercraft Textured Edges stamp though - I love the woodgrain edge and the arrows!


 Just a quick promo ... in our Playtime Class layout this month - we will be using the arrows stamp. How cool does it look?
Okay, back to the photo frame ...
 Adhere your photo to some stiff backing - I used black cardstock.  
This was then adhered to a plastic garden stake (which you can pick up from cheap shops for about $2.50 for 10) with another piece of black cardstock stuck on the other side of the stake - so that it is covered as well.  

 Wrap some black tulle around the stem of the stake to make it look more attractive.


Stick the photo stake into the plastic cup and arrange the flowers around the base of the stake until you are satisfied with them.

Ta da - one very awesome photo display.

 


No comments: