Friday, April 26, 2013

April is FULL of birthdays...

...so I find myself spending every spare moment making cards for family and friends.

I'm sharing two of them here today because they are both made entirely with products available from my2angels :)

The base for both cards is a Twiddleybitz Kraft Card (with matching envelope)

Kaisercrafts Remember Me is a really great range for card makers with the perfectly sized panels on both Marilyn and Adeline, as well as heaps of papers with card-sized patterns in the 6.5" Paper Pad. As you can see it is also very versatile - it's hard to believe these two cards are from the same paper collection!


My first card was covered with a piece of the pink reverse of Hannah left over from my "Beautiful" layout - just large enough to fit the C6 card with a thin edge of Kraft still showing.
I die cut the two labels on the front from papers in the 6.5'' Paper Pad and mounted them on Foam Mounting Tape to give the card some dimension.
The two words...happiness and always, were cut from a sheet of words - again in the Paper Pad. I cut the ends into a V and inked the edges with Antique Linen and Tattered Rose Distress Inks. 
I always think that if I'm taking the time to create a card, I should make the envelope pretty too, so I lined the inside with the same paper that I used on the small 'window' label. I don't think it's really visible in these photos, but the script is pink foil and looks stunning in the right light. 



The decorating was simple...some pretty Pink & White Cherry Blossoms, a few tiny Light Pink Roses, a scattering of Coconut Ice Sugar Beads and a pink and silver Charming Pin I've had in my stash for ages. To finish off I added a tiny Pink Organza bow. Inside the card is another of those handy journalling spots from Marilyn, the pink one with the two flowers on it. Oops...forgot to take photos of the inside!


My second card was so quick and easy to make! I used a panel from the reverse of Marilyn to cover the entire front of the card and then just added a few embellishments. The three red poppies are from the Remember Me Collections pack. I gave them a light coat of Glossy Accents and added a few Mud Cake Sugar Beads to their centres. 
The banner in the corner is made of three of the stickers from the 12 x 12 Sticker Sheet , cut down to card size. More Mud Cake Sugar Beads form the string. Both are mounted on Foam Mounting tape.

Finally a pair of Antique Bronze Butterflies (without the clips) are flying up the page, and the envelope is lined with a piece of paper from the 6.5'' Paper Pad that matches two of the banner's flags. On the inside I have die cut a label for writing on from another of the 6.5'' papers.


Michele 



Morning everyone
Tracy here

It was intention to share my resist layout today BUT I made a Lest We Forget pendant with matching flowers for a customer the other day and another customers was here and saw it and asked for one.  Then yesterday I posted this picture on facebook more so out of respect BUT I seem to have created a popular embellishment and have had quite a few orders for them LOL so my blog post hasn't yet got itself written up


These are not listed on the website but I do have enough products to make 6 more with a silver flower in the centre of the cross and 5 black flowers ... sorry no red flowers in the centre of the cross left

If you would like a set or two, please email me via the website or if you know my direct email sent your request there

each set includes 2 flowers and a Lest We Forget Pendant
and is $2.99 (excluding postage)




No comments: