Saturday, December 11, 2010

Winter Wonderland Photo Frame with secret compartment

Winter Wonderland Photo Frame with secret compartment

Its my DD best friend's birthday this weekend and when DD asked her what did she want for her birthday and she said "anything your mum makes" ... god love her!

She is so cute and when we haven't seen her for a few days or so she comes over and peers over at my table to see if I have made anything new

And well I couldn't disappointment the birthday girl (whose favourite colour btw is blue) so I have made her a BOX .... but not any old box its a Winter Wonderland Photo Frame with a secret compartment!


Ta da



The photo frame is our white scalloped felt frame with acetate to protect the photo and adhered to a piece of cardboard, leaving the top open so she can slide a photo into it (so tempted to put in a photo of me to tease her!)
The box is covered with Prima Annalee Poetry


The little house from the Wistera lane kit and the tree from the scrapware 3d house with loads of diamond dust and blue flowers
Lots of charms ... our cat, little girl, butterfly, small silver key and mushrooms
scrapware mini grass
and
Scrapware petite 3d butterfly on the roof - inked and crackled

The birdbath is the circle piece from the scrapware 3d house (the wreath that is shown on the front door) - gave it a coat of paint and applied some crackle accent for the water.
Oh the little bird is also from scrapware (can't remember which kit I stole that from)

I tied our friends charm with blue organza ribbon around the bottom of the frame


Painted more branches from the backyard, twisted our blue and white stemmed flowers and sprinkled with diamond dust.



Oh yeah I should mention the lid can't be opened .... I cut one of the sides and turned it into a hinge before sealing it down permanently


and the secret compartment .... painting a thin box I picked up from Spotlight adding our clear drop pendants and spacer beads to make a little handle

we have a secret compartment hidden at the back


And there you have it .. can't wait to give it to her tomorrow

Hope you are having a great start to the weekend
TFL

9 comments:

Anne P said...

This is adorable and I have a feeling she will LOVE it.

Jasmine S said...

I just popped in to say thank you for your lovely comments on my Blog and wow, look at what you have been up to. This box is just amazing. She will be blown away. It is just gorgeous. You will have so much work to do next year to better this gift. Well done.

ann said...

I bet she loved it Tracy it is simply stunning

Taryn said...

oh wow! Stunning work, tracy. LOVE the sparkly frosted chrissy tree.

Wendy said...

Beautiful Tracy! love the colours and again so much detail ... very impressive!! W :)

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

wow! this is just so 'to die for', your DD's friend is gonna want more than 1, I'm certain its a winner. its just gorgeous, so much love & care has gone into it.xx

Geli said...

Just gorgeous! No wonder she'd rather have something that you made!

Sandra said...

O M G !!! Absolutely stunning!! Love it.

Nay and Gilly said...

This is just sooo Beautiful!