Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Easter Cards and Baskets


Take a look at these gorgeous creations from the Design Team

First from Corrina ...

For Easter I have decorated these two cute little chinese takeaway boxes. These would be sooooo cute either filled with choccies as a present (or filled with buttons or little embellishments for your favourite scrapper!) for Easter.

Garden Scene Easter box:

This box has loads of die cut embellishments but can easily be reproduced using hand-drawn, paper pieced or clip art images. The grass strips are all handcut at random heights, and the eggs and grass are layered in to give the illusion of depth.


PRODUCTS USED:
Paper: blue core dinations cardstock, yellow core dinations cardstock, pink core dinations cardstock, snowflake core dinations cardstock
Ribbons: yellow ric rac, blue velvet ric rac, general scraps of ribbon from desk.
Embellishments: all die cut...embossed with cuttlebug embossing folders: swiss dots, Victoria.


Blue flower Easter box:

This box has some machine stitching through the middle of the paper detail. The chipboard button was painted yellow, then inked, then coated in Rock Candy. The little rabbit is a quickutz die cut but you could do the same with a sticker cut up or paper piece him with ease. The large flower is a cuttlebug die set that both cuts and embosses and is called Build A Flower.

PRODUCTS USED:
Paper: Kaisercraft Christmas Spirit Joyful, blue core dinations cardstock, and yellow core dinations cardstock,
Ribbons: yellow ric rac, baby blue spotted, yellow spotted, white organza
Embellishments: Scenic Route chipboard button, quickutz die (rabbit), cuttlebug die (build a flower)

From Taryn ...

I find I can never make enough cards. No sooner do I make them than I give them away. I love how happy people are when they receive a card, and realise it has been handmade.

I saw the Websters Pages Inspired Natural Springs paper at My 2 Angels, and thought it was perfect for an Easter theme.
The cream cotton lace and blue ball trim co-ordinate perfectly with the gorgeous paper, and I used a few pearls to add interest. To create the frilled look around the outside of the card, I used a punch to punch some scalloped strips, then ran them through a paper crimper before shaping them around the outside of the main piece. I just love how pretty and frilly it looks.
I also used some Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint all over the bird -love the texture!
This is one of the tags I made. The flowers are handmade from a brown paper bag, which I scrunched, then swiped with brown ink, together with blue and white star flowers. That crackle paint on the background piece is the Walnut Stain Distress Crackle Paint. Just love the effect!
And of course, Rock Candy on the birdie! lol.

Still from Taryn ...

Also this month at my2angels, we got to create an easter basket. I thought I'd have a go with the gorgeous Crate Paper Lillian Collection Tickled Pink and Delight die cuts, along with a Scrapware Birdie and Fence. To trim, I used some of Tracy's cream cotton lace, light blue velvet ribbon and mini pink butterfly, and I used one of Tracy's pearls on the birdie's eye. Of course, i couldn't resist a coat of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint on the chipboard (yes, I too am addicted to that stuff).





Tracey created an Easter gift box.

Have you ever wanted to give Easter eggs to someone without looking like you grabbed it straight off the supermarket shelf??? I don't like how "commercial" they look and they are never really a personal gift. SO I recycled a clear, plastic chocolate box. (yeah I ate the chocolates that used to live in it!....lol)


Products used from my2angels:

Cream Scroll Felt Hearts
Pearls - 5mm and 7mm
8mm Ivory Cream Pearl Beads
ICE Stickles Glitter Glue Crystal Ice
Pink & White Stemmed Star Flowers
Cream Cotton Lace
Mulberry Paper Leaves - Pink, White and Green
Gardenias Mulberry Paper Flowers - Romance
3mm Double Sided Tape

Other Stuff:

Recycled Chocolate box
Glue

OK off to eat some choccie eggs now!....lol








From our Guest Design Team Member Ann, she has created this cute card from Websters Pages


The bunny is cut out of Natures Storybook - Grow Dreams.
I have also used Wishes come true and Paris Couture.

The Card is made using Core-dinations Cardstockwhich I have embossed using the embossing folder birds and swirls.
Carolees Creations Tiny Etched Natural
mushroom charm, silver rhinestone scroll with lace

We hope the girls gave you some ideas for the Chocolate Season, only a week and a half to start dieting in preparation LOL

1 comment:

ann said...

Love the Easter baskets they are soooooo cute and Tracey you know where I live if you are having trouble eating those Chocolate eggs lol