Monday, August 3, 2015

Kaisercraft Time Machine Cards

Hi All - after a loooong break I am back to scrapping.  It was either that or Tracy was going to hot-glue me to my scrapping desk until I produced something. :)

The chance to work with the new Kaiser range - Time Machine - was a big incentive though. Gorgeous shades of chocolate brown and cream matched with various shades of green and the odd bit of black and white.  Lots of clock and steampunk-ish motifs and some very lovely damask style patterns.  Absolutely suits masculine layouts - but you could get some dramatic feminine ones as well.

I got to work with the 6.5" Paper Pad (which is already out of stock BUT email Tracy as I know several people missed out and want her to order more in), so a few cards were the perfect start to my return to scrapping.  I can't wait to get my hands on the 12" papers though - I really want to try a layout or two with them.


Card #1 uses what has to be my favourite paper in the range. Creamy shades with a chocolate edge- a lovely grid pattern and cog-bits around the corners. After inking the edges with Wendy Vecchi Desinger Series Archival Ink Potting Soil, I've matted it on the darkest paper in the range and then matted that again on a Kaiser 13x13 square cream card.


Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Cards


A little stamping with Pine Cone with the lovely Kaiser Botanical stamp and a die cut cog (using a Kaiser die) or two gives me a nice foundation for the card. The smaller brown cog has been inked and the larger green one has been sprayed Aquamarine Glimmermist and inked.

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Cards


The two small die cut pieces are from the 6.5" Paper Pad. Throw in a bronze cog from the Gadget Gears Cog Charms pack, a neat little Bronze Arrow Charm and my favourite Antique Bronze Clock Charm and you are almost done.

I added a bit of inked mesh here and there - sprinkled over some Golden Crunch Sugar Beads  and topped the whole card off with 2 pieces from the stunning Steampunk Wings and Things kit - my favourite ever my2angels embellishment.

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Cards


For Card #2 I used Kaisercraft Coffee Bean cardstock as the base and cut it with the new Kaiser Circle Card Flip Die  (available from Shelley's Land on facebook). My second favourite paper design from the range - a lovely dark aquamarine colour with chocolate/black contrasts is matted onto the card.



Again - I have combined die cut pieces from the 6.5" Paper Pad, with bronze cogs from the Gadget Gears Cog Charms pack, the Bronze Arrow Charm and my favourite Antique Bronze Clock Charm.  I then cut out one of the clocks printed on a collage patterned paper and popped it under a cabochon. Voila - all done - too easy.

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Cards


On a roll now - I used a bit of scrap dark brown cardstock from my stash to make another Kaiser Flip card (the Lattice Flip this time) and matted it with a stunning, dark turquoise damask patterned paper. To contrast - I used a cream, shades of green, and chocolate clock patterned paper, both from the 6.5" Paper Pad.


Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Cards


More die cut pieces for my card sentiments - but this time I used the Antique Bronze Clocks with Curly Numbers Charm, another Bronze Arrow Charm and some sweet chocolate two-toned roses 

Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Cards


As you can see the range is very versatile - suited to both masculine and feminine card styles. Time Machine is easy to work with and Tracy has a great range of embellishments, flowers and charms that will work well with it.



Kaisercraft Scrapbooking Cards

No comments: