Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Colours of Tuscany

You will all know that my beautiful daughter was married to the man of her dreams in Tuscany last September....they have featured in a couple of my projects since then, and I have found that while the colour of the wedding was blue, the muted colours of the Tuscan landscape also suit my projects to perfection.


The one I have just finished focuses on the warm terracotta and cream of the beautiful old buildings that dot the landscape - and a photo I just love.



I jumped out of my usual comfort zone for this one and started with a 12x12 piece of chipboard covered with a sheet of sticky-backed canvas. I layered on a few torn pieces of patterned paper (from 7 Dots Studio's Domestic Goddess range), sticking it down without worrying too much about the edges, and painted it all over with white gesso. When it had dried I pulled out a stencil and added random patterns all over - first with Gesso again, and then with Viva Decor Ferro Metal Effect textured paint. I used Gold.

Again, after it had dried thoroughly, I wet the page again where I wanted to add colour - I didn't spray - I used a paintbrush with yellow Jingle Bells and brown Suede Glimmermists. The colours run beautifully, and I prefer the control you get with a brush. I've never been a great sprayer!

My photo is mounted on two pieces of the same paper I used on the background - one sheet was enough for the whole layout. Then to add depth I used Dimensional Tape to stick it to the background.

There are also three layered strips of lace - 2 die-cut paper, and one fabric


Embellishing is easy with my2angels products and a few pieces of chipboard. I have used a lot of flowers - Large White RosesWhite Sweetheart BlossomsWhite 1cm RosesWhite 7mm RosebudsTangerine 1cm Roses, Tangerine 7mm Rosebuds and some tiny White 3mm Rosebuds.
Several Die Cut leaves fill out the clusters and I have also added a small bronze pair of glasses from Tracy's HUGE collection of Charms and a pretty Charming Pin.


Right down in the bottom corner is a beautiful hand made felt heart & key embellishment from the Antique Wings & Things kit and I finished the layout off with a scattering of Gold Micro Beads and Golden Crunch Sugar Beads in several places. These I stuck on with a combination of Ranger Matt Gel Medium and Glossy Accents, so they're really not going to fall off :)





No comments: