Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pocket pages for lazy bums

I normally spend hours scrapping one layout, so doing 4 is not gonna happen in one day. But miracles do happen. Here is how I scrapped 22 photos on 4 pages in one evening!

 I got some of the Charmed Life sets from Tracy yesterday and decided to scrap some older photos last night. Using those sets was so easy, it felt like cheating! All the tags are already done up beatifully, all you really have to do is add photos, journaling and a title. 




Charmed Project Life

Here is page No1:
 
Charmed Project Life


 Charmed Project Life
  
The only thing I had to add was a little extra ribbon, for modesty's sake☺

Charmed Project Life

 I could have stuck one more photo here, but used it for a title instead:

Charmed Project Life
♥♥♥

This was done so quickly, I decided to rummage through the photo box and do the back of the pocket page with something girly:
Charmed Project Life
Here I used the pink mini picks...



  
...and some umbrella rub-ons I had in my stash. 
♥♥♥

By now I was on a roll and found so many more cool photos I hadn't scrapped yet! Out came some silly ones I took with my friends Ann-Maree and Anna.
 I used the black and white mini picks for this one. 

Charmed Project Life

Charmed Project Life

The black and white ones are great, because you can add a splash of whatever colour suits your photos! In my case, a red title...

Charmed Project Life

 ...and filled in the hearts with red Liquid Pearls (Rouge).
Charmed Project Life


A white pen and white rub-on letters work great on the black cards. 
♥♥♥

That one was done quickly too and out came the blue mini pick set. Now it actually screamed teenage boy, but my teen boy is not so keen on the camera and I wanted to use lots and lots of photos. So out came the old photo box again and I found lots from a time when Joel was little and we lived in Jakarta for a few months:

Charmed Project Life

 Just some white rub-ons for a title, some doodling...
Charmed Project Life

 ...a travel pin to show where we were (there are lots of different pins in the embellishment section)...
Charmed Project Life

... a big button (cause I needed a tiny bit of red there)...

Charmed Project Life

 ...and a bit of journalling. And in no time at all I had scrapped 8 photos! 

Charmed Project Life


So all in all, 22 photos on 4 pages in one evening wasn't really all that much hard work. Wasn't that every scrapper's original motivation, to get the photos out of their dusty boxes and into the album? So why not fill in the gaps with pocket pages!
The Charmed Life sets are gorgeous as they are (you don't need to tell they weren't handmade by you!) and if you want, add your own little touch here and there to make them truly yours.
♥♥♥
GELI

1 comment:

Alison Bevis Papercrafter said...

Perfect for time challenged people too! Love how you added your own bits too!