Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Altered Clock as a Photo Frame

After getting over the shock that my DS decided to clean out his room, I found this clock of his that no longer works

 

and then, after getting over another shock, that he didn't even think to give it to me to alter, I set about changing it to a photo frame to display my new favourite photo of my DD and I




Here is what I did ...


Taking it apart I covered it with gesso to prime it


Altered OTP Clock

I stamped the sides with Archival Ink and a script stamp.  


 Altered OTP Clock

Added tea stained muslin, 
measured up a "distressed" photo mount with cardstock and cut up bits of our white butterfly and flower felt ribbon



added some of our rose roses

Altered OTP Clock

The sides are covered with our white butterfly and flower felt ribbon 
(Do not underestimate felt ribbon, it might not be a "trend" at the moment but is great for texture and dimension on OTP's and layouts!)

Altered OTP Clock

Then hit it with crackle paint and glimmer mist 
  Altered OTP Clock


Altered OTP Clock


Altered OTP Clock

Altered OTP Clock

Yesterday we had a card class here at my2angels with these gorgeous ladies (minus Sandra who had to leave early) and they have asked if I would have a clock class.

Altered OTP Clock

If you are interested in attending this class, please let me know. 
We are thinking for around early November 
Or grab a group of friends and make it a day out, 
guarantee you lots of mess, fun and laughs

It would be a great unique Christmas Present to display that special photo



No comments: