Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2 Die Cut Layouts to share


First Die Cut layout is from Corrina

THEY CAPTURE OUR HEARTS WITH THEIR SMILES....

This layout is of my two daughters dressed up for a Melbourne Cup day fashion parade. They may be growing up fast but they still love to play dress up!!


Using from my2angels - Crate Paper Paper Dolls Collection, Carolee's Creations Alpha Letter Stickers with lots of rhinestones and stitching



I don't often use die cut papers, not sure why but I have become a bit obsess after getting the new Bo Bunny paper range in which I will share with you another day (still one to finish off) but I do have this one to show you...



I used Crate Paper Lemon Grass Die Cut pattern paper
flying bird charm
brown gardenia
small chocolate brown mulberry flowers
small red mulberry flower
red glitter brads
light brown pearls
Skeleton Leaf - Natural
Imaginisce Lucy Bird Flower Tag Stamp
Brown Cotton Ric Rac
and American Crafts Ned Jr White Rubons


Negative image -
3 dimensional / negative clouds

Using a scrapware chipboard cloud as my template I drew the clouds onto the main piece of cardstock then cut out.
I placed a small piece of the die cut pattern paper behind it covering my hole! Then I draw clouds again onto scrap cardstock, just cutting them slightly smaller, distress the edges (and inking the cream one), foam taped them attached to layout. Last thing was to crackle them with Inkessentials Crackle Accent. Added one of our wooden buttons with string for the sun and our dark brown pearls for the sun rays



Using Scrapware Chipboard Lisa as a mask I sprayed Creme de Chocolat Glimmer Mist over it, waited for it to dry then adhered the chipboard to the layout. You could just leave it as is because the glimmer mist has been sprayed on it but I added Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink and white versa color ink on the leaves.




I thought I would give Faux Metal technique ago on this layout. Was concerned that I would use up heaps of my embosing powder but really, it didn't even leave a dent in the jar. This is the Autumn Leaves Flower Swirls Clear Stamp and Chestnut Zing Embossing Powder.



I was going to write up a tutorial on how to do the Faux Metal flower but found this You Tube video which showed the easier way to do it. I found some instructions on a blog but it was way too stressful wish I had found this video before hand.



I hope this video works, last time I tried I failed at it LOL
See ya soon

8 comments:

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Great layout Tracey - love the 'little' details - they make a big difference. And thanks for sharing your techniques all the time. Just inspiring stuff :)

Anne P said...

Love the faux metal idea and thanks for sharing the video find. Love the way she has the comments where she mucked up. Love this LO the clouds are adorable.

Anne P said...

Corinna, the stitching on your flowers is LOVELY. I don't use die cuts very much either.

ann said...

Cool LO Tracey and thanks for sharing the video

Kim said...

omgoodness the black just pops in that first layout and the misting...just lovely

Tracey said...

Gorgeous layouts girls and some inspiring techniques. Love them :)

DebiJ said...

Wonderful extras here...how to do things...& marvellous LO's...really inspiring!! That cloud & drops are so sweet...and all the sewn flowers...Great pages Corrina. xx

Taryn said...

Wow, such beautiful work from you both!! Thanks for sharing all your techniques. Awesome.